Full-Time Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Looking for a challenging Engineer position in an international research organisation?
Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international research facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer, Permanent position, ref. 8134.
You will join a team of engineers and technicians in charge of developing new mechanical equipment for the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines) and quickly become one of the Mechanical Engineering group experts.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Carry out feasibility studies and mechanical design studies using computer-assisted tools for components of the accelerators and experimental lines (high stability supports, magnetic devices, opto-mechanical devices, motorised mechanical systems, etc.) involving high precision, stability, vacuum and cooling technologies;
- Carry out engineering calculations;
- Manage large projects, including the supervision of the production of detailed mechanical drawings, the procurement, manufacturing and test phases;
- Provide expertise in mechanical design on projects managed by other engineers.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in mechanical engineering or a related discipline. Alternatively, you should have acquired significant experience on high-level design and engineering projects that enables you to perform tasks at a chartered engineer level;
- 10 to 20 years of relevant professional experience;
- Expert skills in mechanical design and engineering calculations, and use of CAD software;
- Knowledge of high precision motorised systems;
- Experience in project management, with an objective-focused approach;
- Ability to quickly understand scientific requirements;
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 45-60k€ and additional allowances may apply (e.g. expatriation allowance).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by 18 March 2018.
How to Applyhttp://www.esrf.eu/Jobs
202 total views, 2 today