Full-Time Senior Java Web Developer/System Engineer
Senior Java Web Developer/System Engineer
As a developer, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals using up-to-date technologies and applying professional software development and testing practices. Your design and Java skills will be challenged and essential for achieving a successful delivery of the products. This position requires you to develop technical specifications, software components, perform the integration of third party components and participate in testing activities, more specifically for the development of web based applications.
Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development environment and will actively contribute to delivering software to the quality expectations of our customers.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the review of functional requirements;
- Participate in the implementation of software components covering design, development, unit and integration testing activities;
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations for internal purposes;
- Supporting the delivered software and being part of a ‘Center of Expertise’ problem solving team.
- Degree in Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimal 5 years of relevant experience in Java development.
Essential Technical skills:
- Java, JavaEE and design patterns;
- One or more application servers: GlassFish, Tomcat;
- OS platforms: Windows, UNIX (Solaris, AIX), Linux. Including shell scripting;
- Relational database (Oracle) and ElasticSearch;
- Other Technical skills (knowledge in the following domains is an asset);
- XML (schema, xslt, …);
- Network related: TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP(S);
- Relational database (Oracle), SQL, JDBC;
- Development frameworks like Apache CXF (JAX-WS, JAX-RS) or middleware like WebSphere MQ or JMS;
- Software development environments and tools: Eclipse, Maven, Ant, Jira, GIT, Clearcase.
Additional Technical skills:
(knowledge in the following domains is an additional asset; specific training program will be provided to complement the candidate expertise when needed).
- Security technologies: PKI, HMAC, AES, TLS/SSL, HSM;
- Familiarity with development and integration using SWIFT Interfaces products for SWIFTNet InterAct, FileAct, FIN, WebAccess, is a strong asset. Familiarity with development and integration using SWIFT Interfaces products for InterAct, FileAct and FIN is a strong asset.
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change;
- Take accountability for delivering results;
- Good communication skills (both written and oral).
- Language: English (Dutch and/or French is an asset).
How to Applyhttps://careers-swift.icims.com/jobs/3989/senior-java-web-developer-system-engineer/job?mobile=false&width=980&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=120&jun1offset=180
409 total views, 2 today