Full-Time Project Officer
Euroheat & Power, the international association for District Heating & Cooling (DHC), seeks a Project Officer.
The selected candidate will support the DHC+ team in managing a growing portfolio of EU funded projects and carrying out related tasks. All projects concretely promote a more sustainable, efficient and smart energy system. The selected candidate will be responsible for the projects implementation of selected EU projects on renewable heat and he will have a key role in supporting the DHC+ team in the financial and general management of all EU projects in which Euroheat & Power is involved (currently nine).
Euroheat & Power is the international network for district energy, promoting sustainable heating and cooling in Europe and beyond. We are a non-for-profit association headquartered in Brussels with an enthusiastic team of 15 young professionals. Our members come from over thirty countries around the globe and include national district heating and cooling associations, utilities operating district energy systems, industrial associations and companies, manufacturers, universities, research institutes and consultancies active in the sector. Set up under the umbrella of Euroheat & Power, DHC+ Technology Platform is the European hub for research & innovation in district heating and cooling.
Project Officer Responsibilities
Reports to the Head of the DHC+ Technology Platform.
EU project management 70%
- Responsibility for Euroheat/DHC+ participation in selected EU-funded projects. Euroheat’s typical role in EU projects is communication and dissemination (as WP leader or partner) with responsibility for project websites, events, social media, communication materials, community engagement etc.;
- The selected person is expected to be very autonomous and responsible for planning and implementing tasks, respecting deadlines for deliverables and drafting technical and financial reporting;
- Represent Euroheat/DHC+ at project meetings and events around Europe;
- Support development of new projects, creation of consortia and funding opportunities for DHC+ members.
EU projects financial and administrative management 30%
- Organise, coordinate and support DHC+ team and the Euroheat accountant in managing financial aspects, keeping records and following administrative requirements related to EU projects;
- Advise the Head of DHC+ and the Euroheat Managing Director on EU project general management and in the planning and management of resources;
- Ensure that H2020 rules are fully respected and applied. Continually optimise project management tools and process;
- Be a point of reference for DHC+ team and proactively help colleagues in questions related to EU projects;
- Draft and fill in financial reports in cooperation with colleagues.
- Experience in the field of communication, preferably as communication work package leader;
- Track record of H2020 project implementation and financial and accounting management related to EU projects;
- Precise and organized;
- Excellent English (written & spoken);
- Autonomous, creative, entrepreneurial;
- Passionate about sustainable energy;
- Strong communication skills. Familiarity with database and events management systems and communication/design programmes (like WordPress, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Full-time job in a dynamic & growing sector, involvement in a wide range of responsibilities & projects with a high level of independence;
- Excellent team spirit in a multicultural environment;
- Salary package + Lunch Vouchers, Net Representations Costs, Ecocheques, Transportation Reimbursement (legal level) & Eligibility for bonus scheme.
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending your CV, together with a short cover letter and track record of involvement in EU projects to email@example.com with subject line “Project Officer” until end March at the latest. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
221 total views, 1 today