Full-Time Project Assistant
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
To advance anti-corruption work in different fields, the Project Management Team is implementing several projects in close collaboration with National Chapters in the region. The Project Assistant will provide support to the team in order to implement a variety of projects to high standards and to the satisfaction of the project partners and the donors.
Main function: Assistance in the implementation of various projects
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 28 February 2019, with the possibility of extension
Team: Project Management
Job grade: I (please see https://www.transparency.org/files/content/work/TIS_SalaryStructure_Jan2014.pdf)
- Provide general support in implementation of running projects, incl. the preparation of documents and other work outputs;
- Provide assistance in the organisation of events (workshops, meetings, launches, trainings, etc.);
- Provide general administrative assistance in day-to-day operations (processing of invoices, budget tracking, etc.);
- Collect data and information to produce accurate, on time reporting across projects;
- Maintain up-to-date, organised and accurate electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Coordinate travel by TI-S staff, Chapter representatives or external consultants;
- Undertake desk research to ensure that requested information and data is available for project development and implementation;
- Support funding applications where appropriate.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in social science, administration, journalism, economics, management, or another relevant field;
- 1+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, working on administrative support or another relevant field;
- Experience in budget management;
- Experience in organizing events with diverse international partners;
- Excellent communications and organisational skills;
- Business fluency in English;
- Strong computer skills, in particular Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team.
- Experience with donor funded projects in the civil society field;
- Demonstrated interest in good governance and corruption related issues and advocacy;
- Knowledge of other European languages.
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
How to Apply
To apply:Please answer all questions and attach your CV and cover letter including an "invitation letter to a European Commission official for the launch event of a new TI publication," (max 200 words.) Deadline for applications is Sunday, 18 March 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications. To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org.
253 total views, 1 today