Full-Time Project Administrative Assistant
Project Administrative Assistant
European Return and Reintegration Network
Vacancy Announcement: VA18P032V01
Deadline for applications: 3rd April 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 15 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The European Return and Reintegration Network (ERRIN) is an operational initiative, developed by a consortium of migration agencies from 15 European countries in close cooperation with the Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Commission. ERRIN aims to implement activities that support, facilitate and improve national return practices. The scope of ERRIN includes voluntary as well as forced return and postarrival as well as pre-departure activities.
ERRIN is funded through the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund – Specific Actions and is co-funded by the participating national agencies. ERRIN will be fully operational as of 01 July 2018 onwards for an initial duration of 24 months.
ERRIN is comprised of four components ranging in focus from operational to more strategic: (I) joint reintegration, (II) support for vulnerable groups, (III) pre-departure counselling and member state support, and (IV) mapping/analysis. ERRIN seeks to recruit qualified candidates to join the Programme Management Unit (PMU) as Project Administrative Assistant. S/he will be based in Brussels in the offices of ICMPD, implementing partner of ERRIN.
Please be advised that his post is subject to the approval and availability of project funding.
The Project Administrative Assistant provides horizontal support to the implementation of activities of the PMU of ERRIN. S/he carries out tasks in support of project development and implementation and provides administrative support to project management processes.
The Project Administrative Assistant assists in the administrative processes and support functions of the PMU. S/he organises project events and meetings being responsible for the management and implementation of the logistical arrangements and follow up. S/he compiles and prepares inputs to meetings, project reports, presentations and communication materials and processes activities in support of recruitment and procurement actions as well as manages contracts with suppliers. S/he is responsible for maintaining the filing system.
The Project Administrative Assistant takes care of the project office ensuring carefully it is equipped and a well-functioning workspace. The Project Administrative Assistant works under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Project Officer ensuring a smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the work plan and working collaboratively with all members of the PMU.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Project implementation
- Assist in planning and implementation of project activities in accordance with the work plan;
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents;
- Draft official communications for project implementation such as routine correspondence, invitation letters, and Notes Verbale;
- Prepare inputs to implementation processes such as recruitment of experts, procurement, and contracting in line with the applicable rules and regulations;
- Assist in processes for recruitment of project staff and experts. Prepare vacancy notices, coordinate and follow-up with PMOD, Resource Management Brussels, and ICT;
- Assist in procurement processes for conference/seminar services or other foreseen procurement actions;
- Organise project related travel by compiling travel details and organising suitable itineraries while ensuring compliance with the applicable rules and regulations;
- Process actions in SAP and other systems;
- Administer contracts with service providers such as interpreters and experts;
- Collect, compile and organise background materials, documents and other materials for meetings, prepare minutes and summaries of actions to be taken and ensure necessary follow-up;
- Compile project reports and other project-related documents;
- Prepare inputs to reports, including summaries and graphs, and inputs to presentations in support of various project activities;
- Provide support to the organisation of workshops and meetings by being responsible for visa arrangements, flight bookings, meeting facilities and accommodation, social programmes, catering, participant lists, and cash disbursements;
- Carry out meeting logistics including the set-up of meeting rooms and audio-visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures, cash disbursements to participants;
- Maintain filing systems;
- Compile and prepare inputs to visibility materials as required ensuring compliance with the applicable rules and regulations;
- Support implementation of project-related communication activities;
- Perform any other duties as required.
2. Project formulation
- Support and provide inputs to the formulation of project activities and documents as requested;
- Carry out background research in support of the formulation of project activities as requested.
3. Office Management
- Take care of the project office premises. Coordinate with the building manager and landlord on issues pertaining to the maintenance of the premises and rental agreement. Maintain and restock office supplies, prepare the meeting room for meetings and receive visitors. Assist staff with ICT problems;
- Identify and maintain relations with regular suppliers for office supplies and utilities;
- Welcome new project team members by arranging introductory meetings, setting up work stations and functioning as a first point of contact for questions;
- Maintain productive working relations with other departments in ICMPD (PMOD, ICT, Resource Management and Finance) by proactively sharing information and responding to information requests.
- Administrative and logistical support activities implemented promptly, accurately and efficiently;
- Project implementation supported by efficient and timely organisation of activities;
- Project formulation supported by timely and correct preparation of supporting documents;
- Project filing system maintained;
- Procurement, recruitment, and travel processes implemented timely and in line with the applicable rules and regulations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in project administration and implementation of projects in an international organisation context;
- Experience in organisation of events and meetings;
- Knowledge of ERP systems – knowledge of SAP in an asset;
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience in managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software.
- Experience in international projects;
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English and French, proficiency in an additional major. EU language is an asset;
- Bachelor´s degree.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensatory package, participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/. In addition, as a writing sample, each application must include (a) an event invitation in English and (b) a short thank you letter in French both in reference to the participation of an Ambassador in the Vienna Migration Conference, All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
How to ApplyIn the event of a technical issue with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
300 total views, 4 today