Full-Time Programme Manager INNOVATION
Programme Manager INNOVATION
European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
Execute tasks related to the pan-European EIT Food level and to the regional CLC level of EIT Food:
On pan-European level:
- Responsible for EIT Food’s Innovation Segment “The Web of Food” which will enable secure traceability and auditability of food quality, safety, and authenticity, as well as supply chain certification, thus building trust in the food system;
- Contribute to the development of a multi-year Innovation strategy for “The Web of Food” to deliver on EIT Food’s Strategic Objectives;
- Drive the execution of Innovation projects to deliver market and societal impact;
- Identify and leverage Innovation Opportunities;
- Facilitate and nurture the EIT Food network of partners as well as other collaboration opportunities;
- Lead the monitoring and reporting of the project portfolio.
On regional level:
- Act as primary regional contact for advice on innovation opportunities and priorities for EIT Food;
- Be the single point of contact for all enquiries regarding the EIT Food innovation portfolio in the region;
- Create a strong regional network to share good practice and to ensure maximum engagement;
- Plan the delivery and actively follow-up on one or a set of the activities defined by EIT Food and/or its partners in the yearly EIT Food Business Plan.
Support EIT Food’s Operations with:
- Timely reporting on progress and on financial and performance matters of activities under responsibility;
- Contribute to the annual Business Plan and information and reporting and evaluation requests from EIT Food;
- Support putting together the Annual Report of EIT Food.
- Strong technical background in the agri-food area;
- MSc is required, PhD preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with programme management methodologies;
- Very good command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- 5+ years of experience in innovative technical/business position in the Agri-Food sector;
- Experiences in at least one of the areas:
- Production and Operation;
- Food safety and traceability;
- Digitization of the B2B supply chain and/or digitization in the area of B2C.
- Experience with EU and Horizon 2020 funding rules is an asset;
- Knowledge of EIT and its legal and procedural framework is an asset;
- Successfully having lead Innovation Projects in the Food Industry;
- Preferable proven success record of bringing Innovation and Technologies to Market.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR:
- Broad understanding of production, operation, digitization in the food industry;
- Broad knowledge of technical aspects with regards to food safety and traceability;
- Ability to work in a matrix-organisation;
- Can do attitude and no 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong sense of ownership with proven record of delivering results;
- Combining analytical thinking with creativity;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and persuasion skills;
- Proven ability to establish trust and good communication channels, including remote communication with international teams;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy, and with a high level of cultural sensitivity;
- Openness and proven ability to establish trust as well as the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders;
- Proactive, independent and trustworthy.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are asked to send their CV and motivation letter in English in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5th 2018 before 23h55. Please state in the description line of the email your name and “application to the position of programme manager for innovation – CLC West”. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents. UK statutory “right to work” requirements must also be satisfied before appointment to the role.
83 total views, 1 today