Full-Time Procurement and Logistics Coordinator-National Contract
Procurement and Logistics Coordinator-National Contract
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Area Manager North (line management) and the Head of Logistics and Procurement (technical management), the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and logistics, warehousing and fleet management, and supply chain services in DRC Office North, based in DRC Thessaloniki Office, ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established DRC rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited, to the following:
· Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, asset/inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
· Ensure effective lines of communication between the Programme Management Office, Project/Programme Managers and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate DRC procurement procedures
· Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
· Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to DRC Thessaloniki Office and projects/programmes
· Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with the DRC Procurement OH, Asset and Equipment Management OH, Warehouse and Inventory Management OH, Fleet Management OH, DRC Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions, as well to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
· Implement effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement and logistics management system for projects and related reporting requirements
· Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
· Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment
· Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
· Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions/ order requests, organization of SQ, RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with DRC Procurement, Administration and Finance rules and regulations.
· Develop and manage Vendor list, conduct supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms, as well as VRC (Vendor Review Committee) process.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
· Lead the establishment and management of professional procurement services through Frame Agreements and networking with other DRC offices in Greece.
· Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures.
Contracts Administration and Management
· Provide oversight over various contract management processes and ensure transparency
· Develop and implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions in collaboration with Project/Programme Managers and Team Leader in DRC Thessaloniki Office.
· Negotiate contract terms with awarded suppliers and selected contractors in the best manner achieving the best interest of DRC, its clients and beneficiaries
· Monitor and analyse contract performance against agreed benchmarking system and advise programme on potential issues and recommend remedial actions
· Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings with contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes
· Conduct activities required by the contract including logistical support, accreditation, licensing, verification of goods, monitoring of activities and performance of subcontractors
· Develop appropriate contract management tools, guidelines and manuals for standardization and knowledge sharing purposes
· Prepare Purchase Orders, Amendments, and requests for contract awards and/or derogations for accumulated procurement values ensuring that all specifications, terms and conditions are clear and correct.
Logistics, Fleet and Asset Management
· Take full responsibility for assets and inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items under the projects
· Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
· Facilitate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all DRC assets held by projects
· Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets, fleet and equipment
· Ensure all stores and equipment held by the projects are stored safely, correctly and securely depending on item classifications
· Take full responsibility for fleet management for DRC North operations.
· Monitor all sub-equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held
· Visit field offices on a regular basis with the aim of monitoring and evaluating the provision of logistical inputs and identify actions to be taken and implement necessary improvements in the system
· Liaise with the Country Office in Athens on all logistics issues.
· Organize and deliver trainings for the operations/programme personnel on procurement, supply chain, logistics, assets management and synthesize lessons learned and best practices
· Ensure regular submission of procurement activity reports, logistics and assets reports to the DRC SMT (Senior Management Team)
· Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits· Manage the entire Procurement Office and coordinate with respective practitioners from projects and programmes and keep integrated with Country Office in Athens – in order that DRC procurement and logistics will work as one.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned
· Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the line & technical manager.
· University degree with post-secondary training/certificate in Logistics, Procurement, Supply chain, Business Administration or related field. CIPS or adequate certification desired.
· Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in delivery and management of logistics and procurement services, warehousing, fleet and assets management
· Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems.
· Previous work experience in the Humanitarian area desired.
· Experience in ERP system desired.
· Fluency in both verbal and written English and Greek languages mandatory
Skills and Qualities
· Demonstrates integrity by modelling the DRC values and ethical standards
· Strong analytical skills
· Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors/stakeholders
· Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
· Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
Terms and Conditions
The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Thessaloniki (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
The employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
The employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
The employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
The employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
How to ApplyApplication Process Interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Applications close on the 26th of February 2018. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
34 total views, 3 today