Full-Time Policy Officer
Purpose of the position
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic policy officer to support our work towards industry decarbonization and improved public participation processes in the development of EU climate policies.
Carbon Market Watch’s campaign towards a robust climate governance process aims to foster a multi-layer governance framework to support the development and implementation of ambitious national 2030 climate and energy plans consistent with the goal of keeping global warming to below 1.5 degrees.
The position will have a strong focus on policy analysis, policy coordination and political communications. The policy officer will report to the Policy Director in our Brussels office. The regional focus will be on Europe, with close collaboration with national partners in Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania and Spain.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implement Carbon Market Watch’s campaign on improved public participation processes in the development of national energy and climate plans in Europe;
- Support Carbon Market Watch’s campaign on industry decarbonization;
- Monitor and analyse relevant climate policy developments and identify policy recommendations;
- Write, edit and disseminate information, including briefings, news articles and press releases;
- Coordinate policy positions and campaign strategies with other NGOs and liaise with other relevant stakeholders and decision makers;
- Organise events and webinars;
- Actively support and contribute to Carbon Market Watch´s fundraising efforts and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will combine sound knowledge of climate change policies with experience in advocacy and communications. A minimum of three years of relevant experience and the ability to work independently is essential.
Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- At least 3 years of work experience in advocacy and communication, in climate, energy, law, economics, or related policy field;
- Good knowledge of EU climate policies, knowledge about international climate change policy processes is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with team members;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Proven experience in writing and editing policy and communication outputs, and adapting messages to different audiences (political, technical, media);
- Excellent communication, writing and organisational skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential. Other languages, especially German, is an advantage.
What we offer
- A full time, one year contract under Belgian law with the possibility for extension to a permanent contract;
- A competitive remuneration package in line with Brussels standards;
- Starting date: June 2018.
How to ApplyQualified applicants should send their CV and a strong cover letter, addressing the competencies required by 2 April 2018 to email@example.com. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be contacted. For more information about Carbon Market Watch, visit www.carbonmarketwatch.org. For more information about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
204 total views, 1 today