Internship Policy Intern
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist EVPA’s Public Affairs Manager as well as EVPA’s Knowledge Centre and Policy Director in the implementation of EVPA policy-related activities, namely:
- Contacts with EVPA Members and relevant EU and multilateral authorities (European Commission, Parliament, Council, EESC, EIF, OECD, G8 GSG, etc.)
- Support the organisation of webinars dedicated to learning about EU and / or national policies (i.e. EU funding for the VP/SI sector, retail social investment, Social Impact Bonds, etc.)
- Support the development of a cross-border best-policy-sharing initiative focusing on inspirational national policies
- Assist in the preparation & follow-up of EVPA policy meetings and event(s)
- Draft policy material (articles, communications for EVPA Newsletter, contributions to public consultations, etc.)
- Update and maintain EVPA policy website and database of contacts
- Other administrative tasks (reporting, logistics, etc.)
- Attending Brussels-based events related to social innovation, social enterprises, venture philanthropy and the EVPA annual conference
Skills and Qualities
- Proven policy literacy and understanding of European institutions and decision-making process
- Knowledge of Venture Philanthropy and Social Investment and interested in social innovation is an asset (or demonstrable curiosity and willingness to learn)
- Well organised and able to work on projects autonomously and in coordination with others
- Ability to write reports / documents in a structured way with a clear reasoning
- Good at time management, forward planning and prioritisation
- Proactive attitude with attention to detail and accuracy
- Written and spoken fluency in English, any other European language(s) an asset
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Terms and Conditions
- Paid internship
- Based in Brussels
- Start date: May 2017, for a duration of 6 months (expandable)
- Must be currently enrolled or have completed graduate or master’s programme
- Possibility to grow in terms of responsibilities and opportunities as part of a small and dynamic team
- Experience in an entrepreneurial and fast moving environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Training opportunities
Please send your CV and motivation letter by 2 March 2018 to Matteo Mascolo: email@example.com (only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview).
Established in 2004 and based in Brussels, the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) is a non-profit, membership association gathering organisations based in Europe and which are interested in or practicing Venture Philanthropy and Social Investment (VP/SI). These include venture philanthropy funds, social investors, grant-making foundations, impact investing funds, private equity firms and professional service firms, philanthropy advisors, banks or business schools. EVPA currently gathers over 220 members from 30 countries, mainly based in Europe. EVPA defines VP/SI as an approach to build stronger social enterprises by providing them with both financial and non-financial support (i.e. capacity building) at all stages of their development in order to increase their societal impact.
Envisioning “a world where philanthropy and investment combine to drive societal impact”, EVPA’s mission is “to enable Venture Philanthropists and Social Investors to maximise societal impact through increased resources, collaboration and expertise”.
EVPA is committed to support its members in their work by providing networking opportunities and facilitate learning. Furthermore, EVPA strengthens its role a as European Thought Leader in order to build a deeper understanding of the sector, promote the appropriate use of VP/SI and voice the concerns and expectations of VP/SI practitioners to policy makers.
EVPA is a young and small organisation, and as such, we highly value the contribution of each team member. Therefore, working for the EVPA provides the opportunity to play an important role in the development of VP/SI in Europe. For more information please visit our website www.evpa.eu.com.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and motivation letter by 2 March 2018 to Matteo Mascolo: firstname.lastname@example.org (only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview).
216 total views, 2 today