Full-Time Policy analyst – Technology and market trends
SolarPower Europe is recruiting a Policy analyst –
Technology and market trends
Full-time position – From March 2018
SolarPower Europe, the new EPIA (European Photovoltaic Industry Association), is a fast-growing association representing major companies active along the whole value chain. Our aim is to shape the regulatory environment and enhance business opportunities for solar power in Europe.
With headquarters in Brussels, we are seeking a highly motivated person to join our Policy unit. The Policy unit focuses on, inter alia, developing thought leading intelligence on markets, industry and technologies with a view to successfully positioning solar-based energy solutions with policymakers at the European and national levels.
We offer an attractive working environment within a dynamic and international team in Brussels. This position gives you the opportunity to work in a continuously evolving environment and represents a challenging experience to develop your career.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the EU area in Brussels. Within the Policy Department, your task will be to identify technology and market trends to inform SolarPower Europes’ political positioning and promote commercial opportunities for our members.
Solar is a fast-growing renewable energy source in Europe. It offers many opportunities to consumers and businesses, as well as to the energy system. But it also requires a step-change in the way we think about energy and business. This is why we need someone like you.
You have a passion for the energy transition and you are innovative. Fitted with good organisational, networking and communication skills, you are analytical, curious, pragmatic and flexible in your approach and attitude.
You are a good speaker, able to express ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral forms. You have demonstrated skills on drafting quality reports.
With a Master’s Degree preferably in engineering, energy economics or equivalent, you have a proven track record of 2 years of experience in the energy sector.
You are willing to work in an international environment, and have a strong interest in shaping EU and national energy policies. Working with your colleagues from other units, you are able to demonstrate the business-relevance of our policy work to our members. Instead of thinking in silos, you are fully aware of the multiple dimensions related to the mission of a trade association.
The Policy analyst will be directly responsible of our annual Global market outlook, as well as other Market Intelligence reports on various topics.
Reporting to the Policy Director, she/he will:
- Enhance SolarPower Europe thought leadership on technology and market trends
- Drive SolarPower Europe’s technology and innovation Taskforces on Solar and Storage, with an additional focus on Digitalization until August 2018
- Take a leading role in the market analyses and forecasts within our Global market Outlook
- Participate in European research (H2020) projects within a team of experts
- Support our advocacy activities in Brussels and in Europe
- Support SolarPower Europe positioning on policies and regulation, providing accurate content related to the power system and market design dynamics
- Actively promote SolarPower Europe’s network with related sectors
- Represent us in technical conferences and workshops
- Maintain a strong link with the membership on all relevant topics
How to ApplyApplication A motivation letter (1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages) should be sent to email@example.com by 23 February 2018 quoting “Policy Analyst – Technology and market trends” in subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
28 total views, 4 today