Full-Time Policy Advisor International Affairs
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 35 member bodies – mthe national insurance associations – Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of €1 200bn, directly employ 985 000 people and invest nearly €9 900bn in the economy.
For our economics and finance department, we are looking for a (m/f) Policy advisor international affairs.
As a member of the international affairs and reinsurance team, your main responsibilities will be supporting the work of the Global Federation of Insurance Associations. You will be responsible for preparing meetings and high-level events. You will also coordinate the discussions of a range of working groups, and will contribute to developing advocacy papers. You will assure coordination of and work closely with dedicated industry bodies, such as the IAIS. Furthermore, you will participate in seminars and conferences where you will actively promote the policy messages of the organisation.
- Supports the work of the Global Federation of Insurance Associations including the organisation of events and high-level meetings;
- Organises the policy monitoring process for the Global Federation of Insurance Associations in collaboration with other relevant departments, with the goal of successfully building of policy positions amongst GFIA members;
- Works collaboratively on a range of different publications (e.g. high-level briefings, newsletters, annual report, etc.), sometimes taking a role as lead drafter, and frequently providing content or editing input;
- Ensures a smooth organization of a range of statutory meetings (e.g. general assembly, executive committee), preparing background documentation reflecting GFIA’s priorities and stakeholders’ concerns;
- Provides day-to-day information-sharing and services to members (e.g. is a point of contact);
- Coordinates closely with – and reports directly to – the head of prudential regulation and international affairs.
- University degree or equivalent in communications/public affairs, international politics or any other relevant field;
- Ability to adjust to working in different teams on a number of concurrent projects;
- Ability to work collaboratively and strategically with a range of external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and political sensitivity;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- High-quality communication skills and drafting skills;
- Experience within an international and multicultural environment is advantageous.
Challenging position in an international and professional organisation, with Brussels as operating base. Competitive salary package, with excellent benefits. Permanent position, full-time.
How to Apply
ContactPlease address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
632 total views, 1 today