Full-Time Parts Quality Engineer
Parts Quality Engineer
Purpose of role:
This role is key in ensuring that Lotus cars are built with quality components which confirm to the required technical specification. In certain cases this will involve obtaining concessions and approvals that allow the use of components that deviate away from specification.
This will allow the candidate to develop a broad understanding of vehicle architecture, engineering, supplier capabilities and technologies and will also provide an opportunity to work closely with other Lotus Cars Departments.
- Interface with suppliers to obtain PPAP and all other required approvals;
- Manage and report PPAP and other documented approval status;
- Review and approve component document packages according to PPAP category;
- Update MPPDM in accordance with PPAP submissions;
- Provide fast response to production part related problems;
- Drive SCAR resolution;
- Interface between Lotus factory and SQA team to ensure issues are prioritised and addressed in a timely manner;
- Document and maintain Internal Parts KPIs, including supplier approvals and supplier parts quality improvement actions;
- Drive quality problem resolution relating to parts quality;
- Support the supplier to communicate Part Approval/Rejection reason to Plant/Engineering;
- Maintain supplier database;
- Support SQA to develop and agree PPAP activity plans for new projects;
- Support SQA team at suppliers if required to do so;
- Determine reject liability on daily reject walks Lotus/Supplier;
- Process IFS Non Conformance report tickets to ensure that reported stock levels account for rejects.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria):
- Degree educated and/or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written;
- Ability to to work effectively within a small team and have desire to help the business achieve both quality and production targets;
- Competent user of MS Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word).
- ONC/HNC Engineering degree;
- Supplier Quality Assurance/Supplier Technical Assurance experience;
- Engineering experience in one of the following: Body, Interior, Chassis, Electrical or Powertrain.
How to Applyhttp://careers.lotuscars.com/Lotus/Vacancies/VacancyDetails.asp?VacancyID=1555
182 total views, 2 today