Full-Time Office Manager/Personal Assistant to the Director General
Office Manager/Personal Assistant to the Director General
About the client
European Aluminium represents the aluminium industry in Europe, encompassing primary aluminium producers, downstream manufacturers, producers of recycled aluminium and national aluminium associations.
Through environmental and technical expertise, economic and statistical analysis, scientific research, education and sharing of best practices, public affairs and communication activities, it aims to promote aluminium’s contribution to sustainable development whilst maintaining and improving the image of the industry, of the material and of its applications.
For more information please browse https://www.european-aluminium.eu/.
Description of work
The incumbent serves as Office Manager & Personal Assistant to the Director General. The role is characterized by operations with multiple and varied programs/ components. The role of this position is defined and impacted by the mutual working relationship established with the key administrator, ie – Director General (“right hand” to the DG).
Competences, responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to
Office Manager (+/-20 persons) (about 35% of the workload)
- Serves as the key person to handle general administration issues within the organisation;
- Human resources function: staff issue management and handling with Secrétariat social, tracking of time and attendance by using a designated HRM system;
- Ensuring that necessary staff documentation is in order (contract drafts, info for staff files, reporting to relevant authorities…);
- Employee benefits support: coordination of group and hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, car leasing companies & other providers, etc.;
- Recruitment support (including review of applications, first interviews (as appropriate), cooperation with HR agencies when necessary); administrative support for new arrivals;
- Aligns & handles internal staff matters (incl. meetings, organises/supports the necessary organisation of staff days, training sessions, etc.);
- Secures tracking of action points for the Management Team;
- Ordering office furniture & other supplies, organising offices for new arrivals, arranging IT support, parking spaces etc.;
- If/when needed, organize backup for the other assistants, overseeing the general workload and distributing tasks during busy time periods.
Finance Management (about 30% of the workload)
- Preparation and follow up of outgoing membership fee & other invoices;
- Accounts payable/receivable, incl. reminders, tracking, overview and follow-up;
- Checking & coding of incoming invoices & shared office costs;
- Closing/finalising monthly bookkeeping in coordination with bookkeeper;
- Follow up of discrepancies and unidentified payments;
- Checking of expenses and Visa statements (for each person with a credit card);
- Liaison with bank and follow up of cash situation in each account;
- Providing necessary support for the yearly audit;
- Tracking Reach accounts & payments.
Personal Assistant to the Director General (about 25% of the workload)
- Agenda management;
- Logistics coordination & support: travel & entertainment arrangements;
- Coordination of meetings;
- Assistance for meetings – meeting room reservations, ordering lunches, collection & document coordination, preparation of meeting files, minutes;
- Troubleshooting/solving of staff issues.
Event Management (about 10% of the workload)
- Serves as the key internal contact for congress organiser, supporting logistics for biannual membership congress. It should be noted that workload in this area tends to peak up to as much as 50% in the few weeks before the event and thus workload needs to be planned well in order to secure that other work functions do not suffer;
- Coordinates internal needs for the membership events, works with colleagues in other teams as needed;
- Searches for the appropriate venues, oversees budget implications, makes recommendation to the DG;
- Works closely with external congress organiser to ensure that all requirements are put in place and best practices used to ensure good membership experience;
- Ensures clarity of internal roles and task distribution;
- Drafts all written communication to the staff and members regarding the logistics of the event;
- Serves as the key internal trouble-shooter & problem solver for the event;
- Drafts and coordinates the collection of event evaluations.
- Works well in multi-task environment, able to prioritise, organise self and others, and work under pressure while remaining flexible;
- Works well as a member of a team, but is a self-starter and able to take initiatives and responsibility for his/her work;
- Has clear attention for detail, is analytical and enjoys good communication and customer service skills;
- Is comfortable in an office environment, including dealing with colleagues both at the office and those posted around Europe;
- Has the ability to identify and understand staff issues, problems, and opportunities, determines course of action and develops appropriate solutions;
- Brings about a positive and pro-active office atmosphere;
- Has good proficiency in MS Outlook and Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and an interest in finding office IT solutions.
Fluent in French and English, any other European language is an asset.
How to Apply
ApplicationsPlease send your application (CV and cover letter) to Jason Descamps, Executive Search Consultant at EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ‘EAA – Office Manager/Personal Assistant’ in the subject of your email.
95 total views, 5 today