Internship Membership Assistant
The European Environmental Bureau is looking to recruit a Membership Assistant to work closely with colleagues in all stages of membership management. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to the EEB’s work. The position will be a one-year paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle) based in the EEB Communications and Membership team in Brussels.
The work consists of:
The Membership Assistant will assist the Membership and Development Manager with the following tasks:
- Further develop and implement a membership engagement strategy including strategies for membership growth and consolidation;
- Support the preparation and organisation of the meetings of the EEB General Assembly and Annual Conference, including programme development, logistics and communications (website, online registration etc.);
- Research on funding opportunities for joint projects linked to membership engagement;
- Oversee the EEB membership and maintain the EEB membership database;
- Produce surveys, monitor and provide reports on member statistics and satisfaction;
- Coordinate internal communications between the members, answer queries from existing and potential members and manage the membership application process;
- Manage the membership section on the EEB website.
Qualities and experiences required for post:
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Additional EU languages would be considered an asset.
- University degree or studies in association/events management, business administration, fundraising, management or any other relevant studies.
- Experience of website management (WordPress), online survey- and database management would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team.
- Ability to communicate in a multicultural environment.
- Capability to prioritize and work with several projects at the same time.
- Self-starting and having the ability to take own initiatives in different situations.
- Being part of a dynamic team that is committed to work to protect the environment and to change the political narrative inside Brussels and in Europe more widely.
The EEB offers:
- A 6 months to up to one-year contract – “convention d’immersion professionnelle” paid internship around 1000€ gross/month with the opportunity to learn more about membership management.
- A stimulating, international work environment.
- An opportunity to work for a worthy cause.
Please email your application in English to email@example.com including a CV and cover letter explaining how your education and experience are relevant to the position (200 words max.). Also, please briefly answer the following two questions:
- Why do you want to work for an international environmental NGO?
- What do you think motivates associations to become members of a network? What benefits do you think they are looking for and consider most valuable?
Place: EEB office in Brussels
Deadline for Application: 8 February 2018
Interviews first round: Second half of February 2018
Proposed starting date: Mid-March 2018
The EEB is an equal-opportunities employer.
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.
How to ApplyPlease email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and cover letter explaining how your education and experience are relevant to the position (200 words max.). Also, please briefly answer the following two questions:
263 total views, 2 today