Full-Time Load Engineer, LaC Technologies
Load Engineer, LaC Technologies
You will drive innovation from a very conceptual level to full scale demonstrator stage. You will have the opportunity to turn new ideas into concepts and contribute to the state of the art in wind turbine design. The variables we work with are the loads, controller behavior, dynamics, noise footprint, stability and performance of new conceptual systems. The main objective is to drive down the cost of energy of wind power. You will contribute to the technology roadmap for new projects. You will be immediately involved in one of our flagship technology projects, or if you have the right level of experience and mindset, you will lead your own.
- MSc or PhD in aero-elastics, control, structural dynamics, wind energy, aerospace or similar;
- Min. 5 years of experience with rotor dynamics, rotor control, loads simulations, and/or aero-elastics from either wind or helicopter industry;
- Proven experience with wind or helicopter industry aero-elastic tools (e.g. Flex5, Bladed, HAWC2, FAST, CAMRAD or similar);
- Proven experience with technology development and innovation;
- Hands-on experience in leading technology projects;
- Solid language skills in English.
The following skills are an additional benefit:
- Experience with wind turbine or blade testing and wind turbine measurement campaigns;
- Experience with blade design and wind turbine aerodynamics;
- Good programming skills with emphasis on quality, readability and maintainability;
- experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- To be successful in the position we expect that;
- You take the lead in supporting and training newcomers to the Loads & Control team;
- You are pro-active, result oriented and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the right quality;
- You have a creative approach to new challenges;
- You succeed as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge;
- You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing);
- Last, but not least, you must be able to work within an international team.
How to Applyhttps://vestas.taleo.net/careersection/global_external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=180000QN
36 total views, 2 today