Internship Legal/European Affairs Internship
Legal/European Affairs Internship
Application closes: 2 July 2018
Internship commences: 27 August 2018
Contract Type: Temporary Full Time
Pay: 250 EUR/month + public transport
IFRRO, the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations, is the main international network of collective management organisations (CMOs) and creators’ and publishers’ associations in the text and image spheres. We have 150 members worldwide. We work to protect and enable easy legal access to copyright material. For further information about our work see: www.ifrro.org.
The IFRRO Secretariat, based in Brussels, is offering a full-time internship for a period of 6 months starting from 27 August 2018 (250 EUR allowance + transport). This internship is relevant to anyone who is seeking professional experience related to EU lobbying, as well as international developments in the field of copyright and other issues which impact authors, publishers and CMOs, which authorise secondary uses of their content.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of IFRRO and its advocacy and communication actions at EU-level, as well as internationally. The intern will support the IFRRO team in the following areas:
- Monitor relevant legislative and non-legislative activities, identifying key issues and analysing their impact on IFRRO members;
- Support IFRRO’s public affairs work, including the preparation of briefings, communication plans, and monitoring of relevant policy discussions, including those taking place in the EU Institutions;
- Preparing website articles on relevant developments;
- Undertake background research to support IFRRO’s overall activities;
- Support IFRRO’s administration and organisational work, such as preparing meetings with members and organising meetings with stakeholders.
- Education: ideally political science or law. Knowledge of copyright law is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions, including decision-making procedures, as well as EU law. Previous work experience in one of the EU Institutions is welcome;
- An excellent team-player, with a genuine interest in issues impacting IFRRO members;
- Excellent English language skills – both written and verbal communication;
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Self-motivated, well-organised, efficient and flexible – willing to support IFRRO’s team where needed.
How to ApplyPlease send a CV, covering letter, and your availability to begin the internship on the 27 August 2018 to Manuela Francesia firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Application Intern + your name by 2 July at the latest. Please note that IFRRO internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/Institute, as a contract must be signed between IFRRO and the student's home university. This is a mandatory requirement, so we are unable to consider applications that do not comply. Applicants should therefore confirm that they are registered at a University which will agree to sign such a contract. We will contact those candidates we would like to interview in early July.
Contact:Manuela Francesia Phone: +32 2 234 6260 Email: email@example.com
41 total views, 2 today