Full-Time Junior Legal Counsel
Junior Legal Counsel
Type: Full time
Master in Law with 1 to 3 years of experience in international business law. An excellent knowledge of English is required.
Bekaert is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 30 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4,4 billion in annual revenue.
You might know us for example as a supplier of steel cord products for tire reinforcement – 30% of all tires in the world are reinforced with Bekaert products. Or maybe you know our Dramix® steel fibers, used to reinforce over five million cubic meters of concrete every year.
But we also offer a very wide range of advanced steel wire products for other applications and to many sectors. You can find Bekaert products in cars and trucks, in elevators and mines, in tunnels and bridges, at home and in the office, in machines and offshore. If it drives, ascends, hoists, filters, reinforces or fastens, there is a good chance Bekaert is inside. Within the Group Legal Department, based in the headquarters in Zwevegem, we are currently looking for a Junior Legal Counsel (m/f).
As a Junior Legal Counsel, based in the headquarters of the Bekaert group, you will be part of a team of in-house Legal Counsels who deliver legal support to the business worldwide. You will report to the Regional Counsel ERMEAI.
- You will draft and help negotiate contracts between Bekaert and its business partners, provide general corporate legal advice, monitor disputes and support compliance in certain areas;
- Whenever necessary or appropriate, you will be responsible for engaging, instructing and managing external lawyers;
- You will work closely together with colleagues from other functional areas and with managers from various business platforms or from the ERMEAI region to develop appropriate solutions for all issues brought to your attention;
- You will be actively coached by your colleagues from the Group Legal Department to progressively enable you to handle complex matters;
- Your working area will be both national and international, involving occasional business trips abroad.
- You gained a Master degree in Law and you have one to three years of working experience as a lawyer in a well-respected (international) law firm or as a company lawyer in an international legal department;
- You gained experience in general business law preferably with an international dimension;
- You have a strong team spirit;
- You have excellent communications skills, you master English at professional speaker level and master preferably other languages (e.g. French, Spanish,…);
- You have a pronounced international interest and you value cultural diversity.
You grow, we grow… better together.
Bekaert offers continuous development opportunities as well in the job as in the global organization.
Bekaert offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.
How to ApplyContact Karolien Eeckhoudt via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call confidentially on +32 (0)2 290 23 56. Please clearly indicate the reference number VL/LAW/1948/18.
208 total views, 4 today