Full-Time GRANTS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
GRANTS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
LHR is looking for an experienced Grants and Communications Manager, who is able to provide technical expertise and capacity development support to LHR and partner staff.
Summary: The Grants and Communications Manager (G&CM) reports to the Country Coordinator and is located in Ritsona/ Chalkida, Greece. Working closely with the Management Team and under the guidance of Country Coordinator, the main objective is to define and implement communication, partnership and grant management strategies geared at establishing LHR as a trusted voice and presence on the ground, promoting the LHR mission, and obtaining the necessary support and financial means to allow LHR to maintain its programmes.
The G&CM is responsible for all internal and external communication for LHR. The G&CM leads, inspires and supervises a small but dynamic team responsible for promoting all elements of the LHR brand, developing and maintaining a network of relevant partnerships to support the LHR mission and vision, continuing to build and mobilise a community of ambassadors for fundraising and advocacy, and media relations.
Reports to: Country Coordinator
Department: Fundraising and Communications
Leads & Supervises: 2 direct reports
Contract: Swedish Volunteer Contract
- Balancing grant and donor requirements with a robust communications policy, which supports brand integrity and established advocacy objectives.
- Lead the development process of a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy to promote LHR strategic objectives
- Ensure LHR is clearly and transparently represented externally and internally
- Stay abreast of current trends and techniques and manage social media and digital channels, LHR website and blog, press and media relations
- Operate as a spokesperson for the LHR, working alongside the Country Coordinator to profile LHR both on and offline
- Responsible for the representation of the LHR to the media, external and internal events together with the Country Coordinator
- Plan and execute integrated multimedia campaigns with limited budget
- Oversees internal communications material and publishing of the monthly newsletter
- Manages the communications team
- Oversees and coordinates the Grants and Reporting officer, to ensure timely and accurate reporting for key stakeholders
As the responsibilities listed here cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve communications-related objectives with at least 5 years of experience in related fields;
- Extensive experience of fundraising, proposal development and grant management using participatory methodologies and approaches, preferably with an NGO or similar capacity;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms such as DFID, ECHO and OFDA;
- Strong strategic, research and analytical abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and project members to deliver objectives on time;
- Demonstrated budget management skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a rapidly shifting context;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- Strong network of international media contacts
- Proven track record in resource mobilisation with strong practical understanding of fundraising, using participatory methodologies and approaches
- Extensive experience in proposal development and grant management
- High level exposure to humanitarian and development issues and contexts
- The candidate should have a valid work permit in EU
- Master Degree of relevant work experience
- A combination of private and third sector experience
- Experience living and working extensively overseas
- Proficient using photo, web and video editing software
- Experience volunteering or working within an INGO or governmental organisation
- Interest and knowledge of displaced populations
- Language skills in Greek, Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi/Dari are an asset.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
195 total views, 1 today