Full-Time Global Systems & Technical Support Officer
Global Systems & Technical Support Officer
YFU International Educational Services (YFU IES)
Youth For Understanding (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, mutual respect, and social responsibility through educational exchanges for youth, families, and communities globally. YFU is a volunteer-based global non-profit community driven by the passion of people, consisting of 55+ member organizations across six continents. As a leader in intercultural exchange and educational programs for more than 60 years, YFU has impacted more than 260.000 students – and their host families, schools and networks – and more than 75.000 volunteers.
YFU IES is the global non-profit organization of the global YFU non-profit membership network, servicing member organizations in more than 50 different countries. European Educational Exchanges (EEE-YFU) is the non-profit organization of European YFU members to support collaboration through trainings, advocacy and partnerships.
A new global strategy is being finalized to enable YFU to operate as one global aligned organization, and our organizational structure is currently being reorganized to meet the changed needs of the future YFU community. The new Global Office will safeguard quality & performance, provide leadership, execute strategy and deliver quality services, based on an efficient and effective collaboration of the two organizations YFU IES and EEE-YFU, in Brussels and their respective global operations.
To support the organizations in managing, restructuring and administrating their IT operations, we are recruiting a Global Systems & Technical Support Officer.
The Global Systems & Technical Support Officer reports to the Director IT and is responsible for supporting YFU IES and EEE-YFU, as well as their members, with Global IT User and 1st Level IT User Support, Requirements Management & Product Rollouts, Web Administration & Asset Management and Small Office IT Administration & Technical Support. The position ensures availability and performance of YFU Community & Global Office IT-systems, properties and support, and enables Global Office Staff to improve Global Services to the YFU Community.
1. Global IT User Support
- Ensure the availability and performance of the Global IT Support operations;
- Coordinate and ensure readiness and framework for IT-Key Users (Global Office Staff, Local Administrators) to provide 0-Level user support and training to international staff for their day to day activities;
- Ensure user system competence through systematic onboarding and capacitation (online tutorials, training sessions, etc.), system related knowledge management and information flows;
- Foster IT related exchange and collaboration with and between IT stakeholders. Pick up, drive and moderate topics of interest & IT related insights.
2. 1st Level IT-User Support
- Provide issue analysis, escalation management and troubleshoot coordination for Global IT systems;
- Analyze and report to spot common trends and underlying problems.
3. Requirements Management & Product Rollouts
- Contribute to needs & requirement collection. Point of contact for feedback as well organizational, user related and functional needs;
- Manage requirements and product backlogs;
- Coordinate and execute system tests and product rollouts.
4. Web Administration & Asset Management
- Manage and ensure availability, security and performance of web based IT systems and servers (monitoring, improvements, issue analysis and troubleshoot coordination);
- Ensure technical SEO capabilities of global web resources;
- Manage (user access, invoices, renewal etc.) of software subscriptions, web properties (domains, certificates, admin credentials, etc.), and similar.
5. Small Office IT Administration & Technical Support
- Administrate physical/virtual local and remote small office IT infrastructure (devices, peripherals, network, workstations, etc.);
- Ensure availability, performance, and contribute to security of office IT systems;
- Coordinate troubleshooting.
Candidate profile and qualifications
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or combination of IT training and experience;
- 3 years of experience in User Support/Software Development team and IT Knowledge Management;
- Experience in administration and troubleshooting of small office infrastructure and network environments.
Position related Skills:
- Advanced, cross-disciplined IT skills, preferably;
- Windows 7/10, Office 365, system monitoring, software installation & remote administration; additional expertise in distributed IT environments (UCS or similar), Linux, as well as Apache, Web analytics or similar are considered assets;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required for working closely in a multi-disciplinary team within a culturally diverse global community;
- Data analysis and reporting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Expertise in use of online tools and provision of online trainings/webinars.
- Strong customer focus;
- testing mindset, analytical and problem solving skills;
- excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish and explain what the problem is as well as explaining the solution;
- the ability to prioritize your workload;
- attention to detail.
Framework: What we offer?
- A Belgian full time limited contract for 24 months with the possibility of being extended to a permanent position;
- A competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefits package;
- The opportunity to create and operate an efficient and contemporary Support function within a new Global IT Team;
- An attractive level of autonomy and responsibility in an intercultural, collaborative and energetic working environment;
- Work in a small organization where the distance between idea to implementation is short and impact is high;
- The opportunity to contribute to a mission-driven organization with global operations.
How to Apply
- Meaningful application, including motivation letter with expected salary and comprehensive CV including references and current/past salary;
- Submit on our website (preferred) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference “Support Officer” in email title) to the hands of Bent Richter, IT Director, by latest 19 February 2018;
- EU work permit: Candidates must have the permission to work in Belgium, have an EU work permit or similar. Candidates with an adequate profile are welcome to apply even if working from Brussels is not an option;
- Location: Brussels, Belgium;
- Position starts: 1 April 2018, flexible;
- Interviews are expected to take place online and/or in Brussels during February and beginning of March;
- YFU-IES encourages any person with the required qualifications to apply, without distinction to sex, handicap, social or ethnic origins, religion, convictions or sexual orientation. YFU-IES recognizes different types of experience, including professional and volunteering.
14 total views, 2 today