Full-Time General Manager (m/f)
General Manager (m/f)
EIT RawMaterials (http://eitrawmaterials.eu), part of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, is the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. Its aim is to boost competitiveness, growth and attractiveness of the European raw materials sector. EIT RawMaterials unites over 100 partners from industry, research and academia, from 25 European countries. It connects stakeholders from very different parts of the raw materials value chain – from extraction to processing, from recycling to reuse – or from different fields of application in a novel collaborative environment that adresses raw materials challenges and the circular economy. EIT RMs finances and executes: innovation projects, business creation for start-ups and SMEs, networking & matchmaking events and the Raw Materials Academy. The activities of EIT RawMaterials are managed by 6 regional Co-Location Centres (CLC) based in Belgium, Finland, France, Italy, Poland and Sweden and the Headquarters in Berlin (DE). Today the team CLC West of EIT RM invites highly motivated trained professionals (m/f) to join and lead the dynamic team of 4 people and to apply for the position of General Manager (m/f).
Your role & responsibilities
- The General Manager will be accountable for building a strong raw materials innovation platform for leading academic, research and business organizations across the region in close alignment with other EIT RawMaterials-entities around Europe;
- Lead the day to day operations and be responsible for overall functioning and management of the CLC, ensuring smooth cooperation with and across the EIT RawMaterials organization, its members/partners, and other stakeholders;
- Act as a high-level representative of EIT RawMaterials at the transnational CLC level;
- Drive and supervise the portfolio of business creation and education activities in collaboration with Business Developer(s) and Education Officer(s);
- Develop and execute the CLC business strategy with active involvement of the Steering Committee, in line with EIT RM’s strategic business plan;
- Connect to and liaise with national innovation programs, local partners and national government bodies across the CLC region to contribute to the financial sustainability of EIT Raw Materials;
- S/He contributes actively to attracting other sources of funding with possible local/regional relevance. As a member of the EIT RawMaterials operational and strategic management teams, s/he will work closely and consult with the Steering Committee of CLC West and report to the Board and Chief Executive of EIT RawMaterials based in Berlin.
- At least 5 years of relevant management experience including strategic, personnel and financial administration as well as project management from university, research institutes and/or industrial enterprises;
- A proven track record of innovation management, business creation and Research & Development preferably across different organisations (industry, universities, research) and in the raw materials sector;
- A good understanding of the unique characteristics and needs of the CLC West region, organization and partners. Strong identification with EIT RawMaterials vision;
- Openness and partnership orientation – ability to connect people and organizations across a broad range of topics, organization types and across natural market boundaries in order to share knowledge and create value; capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders with relevance for innovation;
- Team working ability with excellent leadership and communication skills that can operate also on a strategic level with EIT RawMaterials partners and stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage, animate, facilitate, influence, convince, motivate and mentor various groups and individuals. Highly dynamic, entrepreneurial attitude;
- Your spoken and written English are of a high standard. You may also have the advantage of being multilingual (D/F/G) with good cultural awareness.
What do we offer?
- A competitive compensation package, flexible working hours in a highly dynamic, international environment;
- The ability to play an important role in the largest and most influential materials programme in the world and the opportunity to substantially deepen and broaden your career;
- The EIT Raw Materials provides two valuable sets of colleagues: the EIT Raw Materials staff and the member partners. Together they offer a positive and exciting environment in which to thrive. We value diversity in the CLC team and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Employment and Travel
You will be employed by EIT RawMaterials CLC West bvba. This is a is a full-time permanent position. You will be based in Leuven, Belgium but are required to travel several times per month to the Western CLC countries, the EIT Raw materials HQ in Berlin and to different EIT Raw Materials locations across Europe.
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter in a single pdf-document outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements. For further information about EIT RawMaterials, see: http://eitrawmaterials.eu/. For more information about the position please contact: Karl Vrancken, Chairman of the CLC West Steering Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org; Didier Zimmermann, internim managing director of CLC West, Didier.email@example.com. The deadline for submissions for the post is 22 February 2017. CLC West covers the EIT RM partners from Belgium, the Netherlands, the North-Western part of Germany, United Kingdom and Portugal and focusses its efforts on: Urban mining and critical raw materials, Valorisation of industrial residues; Materials for e-mobility; Circular economy design and business concepts; Digitalisation; mining and processing of marine resources. The CLC West is a bvba registered entity, fully owned by the EIT RawMaterials GmbH.
188 total views, 2 today