Full-Time General Manager (m/f)
General Manager (m/f)
ENABEL is the Belgian Development Agency. We implement the development cooperation programs of the Belgian government in its 14 partner countries and also provide our expertise to other donors.
With, 1,500 employees around the world and an annual portfolio of about 220 million euros, we contribute to building a sustainable world where women and men live under the rule of law and have the freedom to fully pursue their aspirations.
We implement the political priorities of Belgian government cooperation and, at the request of the Federal State, carry out any public service mission that falls within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We strengthen Belgium’s impact on international development by also carrying out missions for national and international third-party principals.
Recently renamed ENABEL, the new agency enjoys greater autonomy allowing it to optimize its provision of expertise and to develop its portfolio while assuming greater accountability for results.
To support the organization in achieving its new challenges, ENABEL is looking for a General Manager (M/F) whose primary objectives will be to:
- Contribute to the realization of the 2030 Agenda through the implementation of international development initiatives within the framework of government cooperation and on behalf of third-party principals;
- In support of Belgian development policy, increase the impact of Belgian initiatives and guarantee sustainable development;
- In the context of international development, position the organization as a reliable partner recognized for its expertise and know-how in order to strengthen the influence of Belgian development policy through the development of strong partnerships with third-party principals;
- Lead, coach, organize and manage ENABEL.
As Head of the Organization, and in close collaboration with the executive committee and the various departments, define and implement a mobilizing vision and strategy in order to involve all its employees in the objectives of the organization and ensure the qualitative roll-out of initiatives serving the populations of partner countries and of the countries of intervention of third-party principals.
As Chairman of the Executive Committee, steer the day-to-day management of the organization to implement the management contract and achieve the objectives of the business plan and targeted results, with a particular focus on increasing the organization’s ability to adapt to the changing environment and to Belgian political priorities.
As a Business Developer build networks with foreign organizations to position Belgian Development Cooperation on the international scene and develop the portfolio of missions for third-party principals.
As People Lead, and in close collaboration with the HR department, strengthen the organization’s expertise, human capital and results-oriented management to enhance the added value of our organization and its people while stimulating commitment.
Assume ultimate responsibility for the implementation of the management contract and business plans, the achievement of development objectives and the guarantee of the financial investments so as to realize development objectives within the predefined financial framework.
In this context, your tasks will amongst others include:
- Implementing the management contract and business plan;
- Developing and nurturing relations with political and other relevant bodies such as the Directorate-General for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid, the Cabinet of the Minister for Development Cooperation, etc.;
- Translating the decisions taken by the Board of Directors into concrete action plans and ensure the proper transmission of information;
- Translating strategic objectives into business and action plans, as well as into concrete indicators;
- Keeping abreast of situations in partner countries so as to proactively anticipate any changes;
- Fostering an active evaluation policy to consolidate intervention results and promoting active communication on these results;
- Strengthening the image of our organization vis-à-vis the various political and other relevant bodies.
Your skills profile
The academic background and experience required for the function are as follows:
- University degree at Master level;
- Relevant and proven experience of at least 10 years in international development and/or development cooperation;
- Experience in organizational management in the private or public sector;
- Proven experience in people and change management;
- Excellent communication skills in French, Dutch and English.
The successful candidate will receive an offer of employment for a mandate of 6 years, as well as a salary package proposal including a supplementary pension plan, hospitalization/assistance insurance, a mobile phone package, a company car, reimbursement of ‘employer-specific costs’ and the award of meal vouchers.
How to Apply
Interested?If you wish to apply, please send your letter of motivation and detailed CV to Nathalie Christodoulou (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is 25/05/2018. Your application will be handled with the utmost confidentiality. Odgers Berndtson Fountain Plaza – Belgicastraat 7 1930 Zaventem Tel: +32 2 725 00 04 www.odgersberndtson.com
63 total views, 1 today