Part-Time Fundraising Officer
The Fundraising Officer reports to the Regional Director of Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) Europe and creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which includes major donations, annual giving, and grant solicitation for the Regional Office of JRS Europe as well as to support national offices within the JRS network in Europe, as described in detail below.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director, Programmes Coordinator and Communication Officer to create a fundraising plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of JRS Europe.
- Implement plan in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Provide intensive fundraising support and guidance to particular national JRS offices within the network in Europe who are in need of strengthening their financial sustainability.
- Prepare and submit grant applications to generate funds for national offices, in collaboration with the Programmes Department, for JRS Europe and national offices within the JRS network in Europe.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events to generate funds for JRS Europe and national offices.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for JRS Europe’s fundraising priorities
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Engage and supervise volunteers and/or interns for special fundraising and development projects.
- Develop and gain approval for budget for fundraising activities, monitor expenses and recommend changes as necessary
Promote JRS Europe and the network
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote JRS to its various constituencies, including church related institutions, and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of JRS Europe.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
- Build relationships with stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of JRS Europe.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and/or development work (or its equivalent in business) within Europe.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written – in English and; knowledge of a third European language, preferably French or German, is a plus.
- Ability to speak with donors and other stakeholders in a confident, clear manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a flexible work environment.
- Willingness to travel on behalf of the mission.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the mission of Jesuit Refugee Service.
Terms of Appointment
This position is on a part-time basis of approx. 15 hours per week and is to be filled immediately.
Salary and remuneration will be based on experience. All conditions and additional benefits are according to Belgian legislation.
How to ApplyCandidates should send CV and cover letter written in English by e-mail to: email@example.com with the subject Fundraising Officer Job Opening including your first and last name. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The offered contract will have a duration of one year, starting in September 2018, with the possibility of renewal. JRS Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
112 total views, 3 today