Full-Time Framework Contract Project Assistant or Coordinator
Framework Contract Project Assistant or Coordinator
COWI Belgium is the Brussels office of COWI which is an international consulting group working worldwide within engineering, environmental science and economics. COWI Belgium specialises in working with EU institutions including evaluations and impact assessments of EU policies and programmes as well as providing Technical Assistance in sectors such as rural energy, transport, regional development and environment. These services are delivered through existing framework contracts or following calls for prequalification and/or tender.
COWI Belgium is currently seeking junior project assistant to support management of on-going Framework contracts and strengthen its marketing and tendering activities. The work areas will comprise a combination of project management and marketing related activities:
- Primary responsibility will be to assist the management day to day operations of COWI’s Framework Contracts with (by order of priority) DG DEVCO Lot 1 (Rural Development and Food Safety), Lot 2 (Transport), and Lot 4 (Energy);
- Increasing EU prequalification and tendering for Technical assistance or studies contracts.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Framework contracts activities:
- The primary responsibility is to assist the management day to day operations of COWI’s FWCs with DG DEVCO Lot 1, 2, 4;
- Assist the Project Coordinators and Project Managers of COWI Belgium when required;
- Receipt, registration and distribution of incoming requests according to Consortium procedures;
- Preparation and QA of offers to be submitted, together with the project budget;
- Communication and follow-up of ongoing assignments with Client and Consortium partners;
- Monitoring deliverables submission;
- Maintain FWCs success rate;
- Request projects’ closure notes;
- Identification, hiring and management of freelance experts;
- Filing project documents (hard and soft copies);
- Maintain management tool updated;
- Appliance of Internal Procedures.
- Business development activities:
- Screening of projects opportunities;
- Assisting during the preparation stage of proposals and pre-qualifications;
- Administrative support for the project pipeline meetings;
- Identification of experts;
- Preparation of marketing material, e.g. project references, CV database.
Key qualifications for the position:
- University Degree (e.g. Agronomy, International relations, Economy, Environment, Geography, etc);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working with European Union;
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with European Union contract procedures;
- Understanding of EU policies, rules and procedures related to contract and budget management of external aid projects;
- Knowledge of EU procurement rules (PRAG) will be an asset;
- Previous experience in working with EU framework contracts assignments is an asset;
- Ability to handle and perform similar kinds of tasks and situations that are specific in terms of objective and content, and that require search for solutions within an area of known alternatives;
- Fluency in English and good command in French are a minimum, other languages is a must.
Salary level will be in accordance with qualifications including pension scheme and benefits.
How to ApplyAll applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to COWIBelgiumJOBS@Cowi.com, with the reference "PMAFWC". This is a contract for a determined period of 6 months, but we have in view the possibility of a permanent engagement based on the performance. The deadline for applications is 30 September. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that you must hold a valid work permit to work in Belgium. COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information: www.COWI-Belgium.be
486 total views, 2 today