Full-Time Finance Assistant
The European Environmental Bureau (EEB) is looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to work closely with colleagues in Finance and Admin Unit. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to the EEB’s work. The position will be a one-year paid internship contract (convention d’immersion professionnelle) based in the EEB office in Brussels.
The work consists of:
The Finance Assistant will assist the Head of Finance, Personnel and Administration with the following tasks:
- Project Management: providing input to applications, monthly reporting, final reports;
- Listing of outstanding reports to donors and gathering documents to send the reports to the donors;
- Grants payments follow-up;
- Incoming invoices (checking the conformity with the Belgian law and with the budget line);
- Preparing consultants contracts and related memos;
- Budget reporting;
- Preparation of annual accounts and related audits and budgets;
- Administrative and organizational support for specific tasks.
Qualities and experiences required for post:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in commerce, finance or in bookkeeping;
- Good written and spoken English and preferably French;
- Knowledge of WinBooks and MS Office;
- Ability to work independently and be pro-active;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Flexibility (we expect and offer flexibility regarding work schedules);
- Prepared and able to work in a dynamic working environment;
- Capability to prioritize and work with several projects at the same time;
- Specific aptitude in IT issues would be an asset;
- Interest/Experience in working in an environmental organisation or other public interest NGO and in an international working environment.
The EEB offers:
- A 6 months to up to one-year contract – “convention d’immersion professionnelle” paid internship around 1000€ net/month with the opportunity to learn more about finances of a non-governmental organisation;
- A stimulating, international work environment;
- An opportunity to work for a worthy cause.
How to Apply
Application process:Please email your application in English to email@example.com including a CV and cover letter explaining how your education and experience are relevant to the position. Also, please briefly answer the following two questions:
- Why do you want to work for an international environmental NGO? (not more than 200 words);
- Please describe a situation where you had to deal with several projects (work, school or private life related) at the same time and how you managed the situation. (not more than 200 words).
224 total views, 1 today