Full-Time Events Junior Manager
Events Junior Manager
EURORDIS is recruiting an events junior manager to be based in the Paris office reporting to the events director. The role is integrated into the wider communications team, spanning communications, events and fundraising.
About EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe
EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe is a unique, non-profit alliance of 798 rare disease patient organisations from 69 countries that work together to improve the lives of the 30 million people living with a rare disease in Europe. By connecting patients, families and patient groups, as well as by bringing together all stakeholders and mobilising the rare disease community, EURORDIS strengthens the patient voice and shapes research, policies and patient services.
Key tasks & responsibilities
The main scope of this post includes
- Writing and editing all communication content to targeted audiences for EURORDIS’ events (web content, social media posts, committee newsletters and promotional email blasts) in English. Designing visuals to accompany social media posts and communication materials linked to events;
- Back office management of the ECRD website (rare-diseases.eu) and the EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards website (blackpearl.eurordis.org). Updating webpages for events on eurordis.org;
- Managing relationships with designers, translators & printers in French and English and overseeing the writing, design, and printing of event materials in English.
- Assisting the Events Director with food and beverage arrangements, ordering supplies and audio-visual equipment, floral decorations, etc. to meet the quality expectations of the events. Overseeing and coordinating the shipping of materials for events;
- Proposing new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Managing the event registration software. Setup of registration forms, contacting and assisting registrants, liaising with Finance team for payment processing;
- Managing hotel rooming lists and travel arrangements for staff, board, volunteers, speakers, awardees and special guests;
- Assisting with on-site management at events, particularly for registration and the wrap-up of events.
- Assisting project managers on an as-needed basis for specific events.
Experience & skills
- Bachelor degree and 2+ years’ experience in a similar or communications role with some events experience.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills in English;
- Previous experience in non-profit not required but commitment to working for a health non-profit organisation crucial;
- Experience using communications and survey software essential, photo and graphics editing software experience appreciated;
- Excellent social media skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player with ability to work with a diverse range of people both internally and externally and in an international environment;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure;
- Fluency in French, additional European language/s a plus.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications: Midnight CEST 11 May 2018.
117 total views, 4 today