Full-Time Electrical and Traction Systems Engineering Manager
Electrical and Traction Systems Engineering Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB.
Plan and manage the maintenance and modernization engineering resources, activities and processes directly related to electrical/electromechanical design in the power domain, LV control and TCMS, in coordination with the rest of the Engineering functions and aligned with the objectives of the Services Business Unit (BU), in such a way that they contribute to developing standards permitting to improve the overall efficiency of the maintenance and modernization processes, and to meeting BU objectives.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Comply with Alstom standards and Quality, Cost, Delay (QCD) commitments in the execution of Maintenance and Modernization projects involving electrical systems design and maintenance;
- Encourage trusting relationships with internal and external customers, providing the required technical clarifications and supporting troubleshooting on those electrical and power systems maintained by Services;
- Manage the implementation of standard processes and tools to efficiently undertake engineering modifications in the electrical/electromechanical/control domains, securing best industrial and railway practices as well as promoting continuous improvement;
- Manage the electrical design team with sustained motivation to fulfill the allocated objectives, encouraging self-initiative, networking, teamwork and promoting continuous improvement in line with the Design Engineering guidelines and BU objectives;
- Contribute to the application of innovative technologies and processes in electrical design, including those providing benefits in the field of preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance;
- Collaborate in the effective resolution of service failures in electrical and power components being part of rolling stock, infrastructure or maintained facilities, and aiming to improve the overall system reliability and availability;
- Manage the Certification and Homologation of electrical equipment, control systems and rolling stock performances, in coordination with the head of Design Engineering;
- Support to tenders: technical features definition and assessment, studies and calculations, design engineering, installation, validation and homologation and rolling-stock performance demonstration;
- Coordinate the development of technical solutions and improvements permitting to minimize the risks of projects;
- Enhance technical skills, professional competencies and motivation for the staff in charge.
- Industrial Engineer, majored in Electrical Systems or Automation/Electronics (even Electrical Engineering + Master degree);
- Languages: English, negotiation level. French, medium level.
- At least 4-year experience required in industrial engineering activities and 2 years in railway engineering;
- Essential 2-year experience managing and leading engineering teams within the industrial or railway sector: work packages allocation/management and electrical and power design;
- Demonstrable experience in design and integration engineering of railway electrical equipment, as well as in the resolution of technical issues and expertise of electrical and power equipment;
- Demonstrable experience managing and using CAD design tools (some of E3S, NEO, DMA, CATIA, AUTOCAD Electrical and Mechanical), as well in computer tools for managing processes, resources and materials;
- Demonstrable experience in electrical and electromechanical design and integration, including detailed CAD design and design review processes;
- Demonstrable skills and experience in equipment validation and certification, including electrical and power features, F&S and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), both in the fields of emission and immunity;
- Valuable experience in TCMS and Communication Systems design and validation process;
- Valuable experience in integrating Industrial Control equipment and PLC programming;
- Valuable application of preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance techniques;
- Valuable industrial experience and processes development within the industrial or railway sector;
- Valuable experience developing industrial or railway tooling;
- Valuable skills and experience in Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety (RAMS) demonstration processes;
- Valuable experience in obsolescence management (definition and location of alternative equipment);
- Valuable skills on mechanical systems integration within the rolling stock.
How to Applyhttps://jobsearch.alstom.com/job/Madrid-CN-Electrical-and-Traction-Systems-Engineering-Manager/464593301/
39 total views, 3 today