Internship Custom Research Analyst Internship
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are truly a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn in practice the function of the corporate governance and gain an understanding of its technical terminology.
- Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
- Expand your know-how in the corporate governance industry, and contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
- Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
- Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
ISS’ Custom Research team partners with clients to fully optimize their corporate governance approach through the provision of governance expertise as well as customized deliverables. Custom Research Analysts, working as members of regional teams, help clients develop and/or implement customized guidelines that reflect the clients’ unique corporate governance philosophy. The Brussels Custom Research team, working with high-profile Institutional Investors mainly based in continental Europe, provides clients with customized vote recommendations by applying each client’s individual corporate governance perspectives.
We are seeking a pool of talented and self-motivated custom research interns for the winter/spring of 2018. The internships will coincide with the so-called “proxy voting season”, i.e. when most listed companies convene their annual shareholder meetings.
- Assist our analysts by closely inspecting the agendas of annual general meetings.
- Learn about and then formulate vote recommendations according to client specific guidelines for shareholder meetings of global companies in the client’s portfolio.
- Gather data based on information in the company’s public documents.
- Prepare reports in English detailing the analyses and explaining why a certain vote recommendation was given.
- An interest and understanding in corporate governance, capital markets, research and data collection
- A relevant bachelor (master) degree in law, political sciences, economics, business or finance or in the process of obtaining such a degree
- A good eye for detail
- Fluent in English/French or in English/German
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to assimilate large quantities of information, work independently and take initiative while also being a team player
- An organized and structured mind to deal with large quantities of work and strict deadlines.
This internship is remunerated (€ 1000 gross monthly + transport refunding) and will run for 5 months starting in February 2018.
How to ApplyInterested in this great learning opportunity? Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1058/internship-... by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration. Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates. To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes
203 total views, 3 today