Full-Time Consular and Passports Officer
Consular and Passports Officer
Contract: One year fixed term contract
Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Gross monthly salary of EUR 3,318.75 plus holiday pay and Christmas bonus
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
About the position
The Australian Embassy in Brussels is seeking a dynamic person to perform a customer service role as Consular and Passports Officer for one year. The job is responsible for the provision of consular, notarial and passport services to Australian citizens and others in Belgium and Luxembourg. The position also fields a wide range of enquiries from members of the public. The role also provides other administrative duties as part of the team providing corporate services support to diplomatic and other staff. The successful applicant will be required to commence in the position from April 2018.
The Embassy is looking for a person who:
- is flexible, can balance busy and high pressure periods with everyday routine and manage their own workload;
- is confident in communicating with the public and with all levels of an organisation;
- works well in a team, is motivated, positive and willing to take on any task;
- has good judgment and understands the importance of confidentiality.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide consular services to Australian citizens in Belgium and Luxembourg;
- Provide passport services to Australian citizens including initial enquiries, conducting interviews, processing applications and monitoring progress of passport applications;
- Provide timely advice and reporting on consular cases;
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with government and private sector contacts;
- Maintain consular and passport records, statistics, databases and filing systems;
- Provide other administrative support and corporate services as required.
In your written statements, you must include succinct, high-level and relevant examples that support your claims against the role.
- Proven customer service skills, and the ability to exercise good judgement and apply legislation and policies to meet strict benchmarks and timelines;
- Well-developed English communication, interviewing and liaison skills including the ability to communicate empathically, clearly and simply with people from diverse backgrounds in person, over the phone and in writing;
- Knowledge of Belgian and Australian Government services, systems, policies and processes;
- Ability to work effectively with other team members in a busy, processing environment by demonstrating flexibility, reliability, adaptability, initiative and resourcefulness;
- Very good French language skills are essential. Dutch language skills could be advantageous.
The Australian Embassy in Brussels will not be responsible for any costs incurred associated with the interview process, relocation, accommodation, work permits and visa costs, nor the return of the officer and/or family to their country of origin at the end of the contract.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Australian Embassy thanks all applicants in advance for their applications and regrets it is not in a position to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
How to Applyhttps://www.amrislive.com/wizards_v2/ahc/vacancyView.php?&requirementId=90
345 total views, 1 today