Full-Time Communications Officer
Alliance2015 is a strategic partnership of seven leading European INGOs with development and humanitarian programmes in 90 countries across the world. Alliance2015 members cooperate in emergency preparedness and response, development programming and knowledge sharing, and in advocacy. Founded in 2000 to strengthen our members’ contribution to the Millennium Development Goals, we are committed to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Reports to: Alliance2015 Senior Programme Officer
Direct reports: None
Contract details: Unlimited contract
The Communications Officer role has existed in Alliance2015 since 2006, always based in one member agency’s office. This role has been relocated to Brussels, where Alliance2015 is opening its first office. The new post holder will be expected to continue with basic tasks of the present function and take on new areas of communications responsibility in relation to target audiences in Brussels.
The Communications Officer will develop and implement communications plans and materials in support of the Alliance2015 objectives in Brussels and, together with our members, co-design and strengthen dynamic internal communications to support Alliance2015 cooperation. The main external audience are EU decision-makers and their key Brussels interlocutors (e.g. key member state representations to the EU), to be further elaborated and prioritised in the communications strategy drafting process. The internal audience is composed of all members’ staff involved in Alliance2015 activities.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Strategy development and implementation:
- Work with senior staff and member agencies to develop and lead the implementation of Alliance2015 communications strategy for the years 2017-2020.
- Maintain and develop Alliance2015’s online presence including the website, social media and intranet in close collaboration with members;
- Evaluate, analyse and make recommendations regarding Alliance2015’s communications, especially digital activity and the response to it.
Communication materials development:
- Coordinate, design, write, edit and produce engaging external and internal communication materials and ensure that they adhere to Alliance2015 communications guidelines;
- Coordinate the drafting, design and production of the Alliance2015 annual report;
- Design and ensure communications requirements for specific Brussels based and/or Alliance2015 led events;
- Support the production of high quality talking points, media briefings and specific presentations by senior Alliance2015/member staff in Brussels.
- Regular exchange with, and support to, the Communications Group members in order to include their views and needs in and to source content for Alliance2015 communications;
- Ensure regular update of Alliance2015 general information databases to support evidence-based communication;
- Respond to general enquiries received to Alliance2015 info email and redirect as required;
- Participate in and take minutes of annual meetings and, if required, Supervisory Council meetings;
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as requested by line manager.
- Successful experience in content marketing, social media and communications management, creating and editing digital content, contributing to brand/niche development;
- Proven ability to contribute to and deliver aspects of communications strategies with impact;
- Exceptionally strong writing, editing and copy editing skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to share, receive feedback but also an understanding of the specifics of working for a network/in multi-cultural settings);
- Flair for design and presentations (desktop publishing skills an asset, as is knowledge of use of video production in communications);
- Proven ability to work on internet and website editing platforms/tools (e.g. SharePoint);
- Experience in developing communication products including brochures, promotional materials, etc. both print and digital;
- Willingness to travel (approx. 10-15%);
- Experience in working in development, Experience of working in the Brussels policy environment and Command of another European language (French, Spanish) are an asset.
How to ApplyPlease apply by 29 April 2018 midnight (CET) by e-mailing email@example.com using the following subject line: Alliance2015_Communications Officer_Applicant Name.
260 total views, 1 today