Full-Time Communications Director
The International Dairy Federation
The International Dairy Federation represents the global dairy sector and ensures the best scientific expertise is used to support high quality milk and nutritious, safe and sustainable dairy products. IDF’s mission is to help nourish the world with safe and sustainable dairy. The organization is a leading source of scientific and technical expertise for all stakeholders. It also works closely with NGOs and IGOs around the world and engages all stakeholders in productive activities and research projects to further current knowledge and science on a wide range of issues. Today, dairy is one of the most vibrant and strategic sectors, with a major impact on national economies, public health and the environment. Through its working bodies, events and work programme, IDF provides a common platform, systems and processes for the global dairy sector to come together to reach consensus. For more information, please visit www.fil-idf.org.
This senior role will be to lead communications and public relations across all areas of the organization. Reporting to the Director General, you will deliver the strategic aims of the IDF through high quality communications and engagement. As part of the senior management team, you will play a key role promoting the science and technology that underpins the dairy sector and its activities. You will need to be mature, politically astute, with the ability to build relationships and networks across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strategic communications and engagement direction and planning
- Stakeholder relations
- Proactive and reactive media management
- Internal staff and members communications
- Website management and corporate publications
- Branding and corporate identity
- Professional qualification or relevant experience
- Educated to Masters or Honors level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience
- Significant evidence of continued professional development
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in communications and some management experience
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with a range of external and public organizations, including governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Experience with international organizations an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of planning, implementing and evaluating communication strategies
- Up to date knowledge of a broad range of current communication practices, tools and techniques to support the above
Skills and capabilities
- Strong external communication skills, with experience of handling media and political relationships
- Exceptional communicator, able to create impact and demonstrate proactive relationship management
- Excellent written and oral English. Ability to write and speak French or other languages is an advantage
Values and Behaviors
- Demonstrable commitment to and focus on quality
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness
- Works across boundaries, looks for collective success, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Uses evidence to make improvements, seeks out innovation
- Actively develops themselves and others
- Self-awareness in terms of emotional intelligence, biases and personal triggers with cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Demonstrable commitment to partnership working with a range of external organizations
Position is based at the IDF Head Office in Brussels. This position will require travelling. Salary and benefits are market comparable.
How to ApplyFor more information, please visit www.fil-idf.org.
195 total views, 1 today