Full-Time Communication Officer – FMO – VA 17/2018
Communication Officer – FMO – VA 17/2018
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the secretariat of the EEA Grants and Norway Grants, and is affiliated to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels.
We are looking for a strong communicator with technical abilities to join the communication team in the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) – the secretariat of the EEA and Norway Grants.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
Division: Financial Mechanism Office
Type/Duration of Appointment: Fixed-term three years (renewable once if in the interest of the FMO)
Start Date: as soon as possible
Job Reference: VA 17/2018
The Communication Officer will join a strong team dedicated to communicating the opportunities made available through the Grants and how we work together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe. The role involves both internal and external communication tasks such as planning, producing and publishing content for the EEA and Norway Grants’ website, social media channels, online campaigns, publications and events. The Communication Officer will report to Head of Communication.
- Produce content for the EEA and Norway Grants’ website and social media channels, including videos and other visual elements;
- Organise workshops, seminars and other events in Brussels as well as in the donor/beneficiary states;
- Follow up on the compliance of communication requirements of relevant actors in the beneficiary states and provide them with communication advice;
- Coordinate work with external suppliers.
The position involves occasional travel.
- Relevant university degree at a Master’s level.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in video production, including script, filming and editing is required.
- Excellent knowledge of creative tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Experience in web editing and excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems (preferably Drupal) and email marketing (Mailchimp);
- Sharp attention for detail;
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills, including a dynamic and flexible attitude, and cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to multitask and to work with tight deadlines.
- Native level oral and written communication skills in English (the working language of the FMO). The candidates’ level of English will be tested during the interview process.
Annual starting salary: EUR 92,050
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the FMO wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
The FMO offers an international, stimulating and diverse workplace, with a current staff of over 60 employees comprising 18 nationalities. Our values are: professionalism; cooperation; and trust, responsibility and respect. For more information please check our website at: www.eeagrants.org.
About the EEA and Norway Grants
The overall objectives of the Grants are to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the 15 Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
The Grants are based on a programme model where the Beneficiary States are responsible for the programmes and for projects implemented under the programmes. A few programmes, notably regarding Civil Society, Regional Cooperation and Decent Work, are operated by the FMO.
In the 2009-2014 funding period the grants allocated €1.8 billion to 148 programmes under which approximately 7000 projects were carried out. The programmes and projects under this funding period are now drawing to a close. The allocation for the new funding period (2014-2021) totals €2.8 billion. The priority sectors in the period 2014-2021 are:
- Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness;
- Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction;
- Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy;
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms;
- Justice and Home Affairs.
How to ApplyInterested applicants should apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int/. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered. Deadline for submission of application: 8 July 2018. Please note that the interviews will take place in late August 2018.
143 total views, 4 today