Full-Time Attorney Development and Knowledge Management Coordinator
Attorney Development and Knowledge Management Coordinator
The Attorney Development and Knowledge Management Coordinator at Latham, will contribute their expertise to strategize and coordinate all activities and processes involved in attorney recruiting throughout each recruiting season, as well as supporting attorneys from their initial integration at the firm to development at every stage in their careers. This includes coordinating training programs for attorneys and assisting with their continuing legal education requirements. He or she is also responsible for overseeing many of the day-to-day operations of the firm’s knowledge management activities, as well as for supporting the knowledge Management team. These knowledge management responsibilities include administering the firm’s knowledge management and experience database, including profiling of precedent and work product, supporting the KM lawyers on a range of activities including the management of KM projects and budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Works with the local Office Manager and local Recruiting Committee members and Global Recruiting staff on the coordination and execution of all phases of recruiting and development efforts for law clerks and attorneys;
- Develops and maintains relationships with Office Managing Partners, Local Department Chairs, Global Attorney Development Directors, Local and Global Recruiting Managers and other local Recruiting Committee members regarding the ongoing hiring needs of practice offices;
- Develops and maintains relationships with all levels of Latham attorneys and provides them with the appropriate background information to make outreach calls to potential candidates and judicial clerks;
- Strategizes, organizes, and executes all details related to attorney-related events, meetings, and orientations;
- Maintains CLE reports for each attorney in the local office and works with the secretarial population to monitor each individual attorney’s compliance with their appropriate CLE regimes;
- Maintains a knowledge database of the CLE requirements of the various bar associations the attorneys in the local office are qualified in. Keeps in regular contact with these bar associations to keep up-to-date with any changes;
- Responsible for an annual audit of bar requirements for the attorneys in Brussels;
- Develops, builds and promotes attorney development training and other programs and initiatives to attorneys, including CLE requirements. This includes coordinating with global CLE coordinators at the Firm;
- Coordinates orientations and serve as informational point of contact to associates, new hires, transferring attorneys, applicants, lateral associates, and partners regarding orientation, integration and attorney development issues;
- Maintains and keeps abreast of the office calendar to ensure any training or scheduling conflicts are resolved;
- Supports various firm committees, including the Recruiting Committee, Associates Committee, Pro Bono Committee, TACE Committee, Mentoring Committee and the local Affinity Groups, and Local Department Chair, as directed. Manages the administration of knowledge management and experience databases, and supports the profiling of precedent and deal information in these systems;
- Works with the KM lawyers to assist in the development of knowledge resources including standard forms, precedents, presentations and other resources that support attorneys within the practice;
- As required, supports the monitoring of legal developments and the production and organisation of internal current awareness and KM alerts;
- Publishes content and administers material on the firm’s intranet site;
- Assists attorneys with using knowledge management resources;
- Carries out ad-hoc research, drafting and proofreading as instructed by the KM lawyers;
- Supports in the delivery of training for attorneys in the use of knowledge management resources and substantive legal training programs, including those under the TACE umbrella;
- Assists attorneys and paralegals with post-completion processes, including filings with external bodies and the preparation of transaction bibles/closing sets;
- Assists with special projects which may arise in connection with the knowledge management programme;
- Works with the KM lawyers to administer KM project approvals;
- Helps monitor KM project hour budgets and responds to requests to change budgets, consulting with the Director of KM as needed;
- Works with the KM lawyers to monitor the progress of KM projects and encourages and administers the closure of projects upon completion;
- Contributes to and participates in global Attorney Development special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Relevant experience at a professional services organization desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm;
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion;
- Confidence and discipline to work independently and provide concise and specific recommendations to Senior Management;
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office.
How to Applyhttps://lathamwatkins-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=2081&company_id=16765&version=2&source=LinkedIn
207 total views, 4 today