Full-Time Associate Resource Management Officer
Associate Resource Management Officer
Vacancy Announcement: VA18P027V01
Deadline for applications: 21st March 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
Type of post: Local
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 15 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The Associate Resources Management Officer in the ICMPD Brussels Mission supports monitoring of allotments, control of financial expenditures project budgets and the accurate utilisation of financial resources in line with established rules and donor contracts. S/he verifies and certifies payments under the Financial Regulations of ICMPD.
The Associate Resources Management Officer supports formulation of project budgets and budget revisions. S/he validates and verifies correctness of recording of project expenditures and checks and validates financial reports from project partners. The Associate Resources Management Officer provides inputs to financial reporting to donors and prepares financial documentation for project audits.
The Associate Resources Management Officer works in close collaboration with members of the Brussels-based Operations and Project Teams as well as CRM and CFM staff in the HQ. S/he assists in the training of ICMPD staff, and staff of partner institutions, on ICMPD financial rules and procedures. S/he works under the supervision of the Head of RM in Brussels (depending on location of the job).
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Budget formulation:
- Draft budget templates and forms;
- Check draft budgets for correctness of formula and adherence to the provided pro-forma rates and budgetary instructions;
- Upload approved budgets and budget revisions into SAP.
2. Budget implementation, monitoring and expenditure control:
- Act as Certifying Officer for projects ensuring that financial obligations and expenditures are in-accordance with approved budgets and ICMPD´s financial rules and donor contracts;
- Review requisitions for all categories of project expenditures. Verify eligibility and availability of funds. Verify correctness of budget codes. Certify/approve requisitions;
- Assist in the certifying of project expenditures. Review correctness of project expenditures, identify mistakes and discrepancies, seek and request clarifications to expenditures internally or externally (from partners, donors), as required;
- Verifies financial reports from partners and validate supporting documents for correctness and completeness;
- Monitor submission of timesheets by ICMPD staff and experts and update staff allocation data in SAP;
- Monitor bookings ensuring accurate financial recording, identifies incorrect bookings and initiates corrective actions by requesting re-bookings from the Finance Unit and follows up on re-bookings;
- Support the training of ICMPD staff on rules, procedures and requirements. Provide ongoing advice and support on various aspects of budget implementation;
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures, identifies inconsistencies and weaknesses, finds solutions and takes corrective action;
- Assist in planning and implementation of systems, tools and processes.
3. Financial reporting and support to audit:
- Compile and draft periodic/final financial reports to donors as per donor formats and agreements ensuring correctness of information and format;
- Compile supporting documents for financial reports as per donor requirements. Ensure accuracy of supporting documents;
- Preparation of financial data and documentation for project audits;
- Maintain financial records and the archive;
- Maintain projects files and uploads documents in SAP.
- Financial resources in all budget categories utilised in accordance with the approved budgets and ICMPD´s financial rules;
- All project expenditures controlled and verified as well as accurately recorded in line with ICMPD´s Financial Rules and business processes;
- Accurate financial information maintained in SAP;
- Inputs and supporting documents to project financial reports prepared accurately according to donor schedules and formats.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in operational tasks in an international organisation, in event and mission organisation and/or in procurement;
- Knowledge of programme management procedures and rules of EC/national administrations and/or international organisations including procurement, budgeting and financial management;
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and flexibility;
- Good organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and eagerness to work with data and statistics;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional; backgrounds;
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required;
- Professional training in project cycle management and knowledge of EC procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of SAP or other resource management programmes would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written command of English and French, including the ability to prepare and review contracts.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensatory package, participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependent’s rate.
How to Apply
Application ProcedureInterested candidates are requested to submit their application in English to the following email address: email@example.com, by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies. All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
Technical SupportIn the event of a technical issue with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
53 total views, 2 today