Description of the Organization:
The Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF) is a ground-breaking international NGO at the forefront of efforts to save the endangered wildlife of the Sahara and the Sahel. In the past few years, SCF has been instrumental in establishing one the biggest protected areas in the world in Niger, reintroducing a lost species in Chad, and implementing a recovery programme for the planet’s largest bird, the North African ostrich.
SCF was founded in 2004 in response to the silent crisis of extinction facing the biodiversity of the Sahara and the Sahel. It focuses its activities on the conservation and restoration of some of the worlds most endangered birds and mammals, together with the vast desert habitats needed for their survival. SCF’s projects include the creation and management of protected areas, the reintroduction of species extinct in the wild or at high risk, wildlife inventory and monitoring, and training and strengthening of the skills of African professionals working to protect desert biodiversity.
Through its publications, website and social media, SCF raises awareness and support from a diverse array of partners for one of the most poorly-known regions of the African continent, highlighting the need for conservation of some the planet’s most fascinating and uniquely adapted plants and animals.
SCF is recruiting for its European office a driven, dynamic, and experienced administrator to manage and monitor the administrative and financial operations of the organization and to ensure compliance with the procedures and criteria of a growing number of government partners, foundations and private donors (contracting, reporting, accounting, procurement, etc.). The Administrator will be supervised by the Executive Director and based at SCF’s European offices in Bussy Saint Georges (77600) in France. The candidate must be fully bilingual in French and English and have proven experience working in a multicultural and international environment.
Profile, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have solid experience as an administrator, assisting teams of individuals from diverse backgrounds in an international and multicultural environment;
- Have proven experience and ease with administering and managing complex work environments, including field-based teams working under challenging conditions;
- Have strong experience in the management of budgets and the application and monitoring of policies and donor-specific procedures, particularly those of the European Union;
- Experience with the procedures and administration of French not-for-profits would be a distinct advantage;
- Have a keen sense of organization and the ability to manage and monitor overseas activities, especially in Africa, in the non-governmental sector;
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor;
- Be able to solve problems with adaptability, patience and creativity;
- Have a real interest in nature conservation, including the aims and mission of SCF;
- Be fully bilingual in French and English.
- In association with the relevant project and programme staff, administer the ongoing operations and projects of SCF;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and proposals for the organization and its projects and programs;
- Supervise and guide the work of assigned staff and contractors (consultants, auditors, accountants, etc.);
- Help establish, maintain and implement strategic plans, and administrative and operational policies and procedures;
- Define concrete objectives and develop procedures that will build a culture of performance and excellence in the organization, and help staff meet and exceed targets;
- Contribute to the promotion of the mission, culture and vision of the organization;
- Administer and ensure legal compliance of SCF-Europe in France;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing a culture of performance, loyalty and trust between SCF and its partners and donors, especially in regard to reporting and communications;
- Support the Executive Director and dedicated staff in communications and fundraising activities;
- Undertake occasional travel to Africa to become familiar with the projects and to meet the partners of the organization.
- Compensation according to qualification and experience in line with the NGO sector.
- Salary: Group F or G (French National Collective Convention of Animation).
- Duration of work: full time.
- Type and duration of contract: indefinite contract (cadre) with trial period of 4 months (twice two months maximum).
- Workplace: SCF-Europe offices in Bussy Saint Georges (77600), France.
How to ApplyApplications:
- Letter of motivation and recent CV by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Names and coordinates of 3 appropriate professional references.
- Deadline for submission of applications: February 28, 2018.
- Position available from April 1, 2018.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Only complete and well-prepared applications will be considered; partial applications will not.
103 total views, 7 today