Full-Time Accountant & HR Officer
Accountant & HR Officer
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australian Embassy to Belgium, Luxembourg and Mission to the EU & NATO
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Gross monthly salary of between EUR 3,877.73 and EUR 4,194.32 depending on skills and experience, plus holiday pay and Christmas bonus
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Australian Embassy in Brussels is seeking a motivated and dynamic person to join their admin team to perform a full time role as Accountant & HR Officer for one year to cover maternity leave. The successful applicant will be required to commence in the position from March 2018.
Your role will be to provide a full range of accounting and HR services and you will be confident in communicating information at a variety of levels. You will be motivated, with a keen eye for detail and understand the importance of accurate reporting within strict time constraints. The position is part of the Embassy’s admin team and you will be required to work closely with not only other members of your team, but with diplomats and other agency and central government staff.
The position reports to and works in collaboration with the Embassy’s Senior Administrative Office.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and monitor the Embassy’s budget;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and accompanying schedules and worksheets;
- Administer and manage corporate credit card and bank accounts;
- Prepare and process salaries, disbursements and allowances, liaising with relevant service providers as required;
- Provide the full suite of HR services, including provision of advice on local labour law, recruitment activities and ad-hoc reporting;
- Oversee and administer a time management system.
In your written statements, you must include succinct, high-level and relevant examples that support your claims against the role.
- Relevant accountancy and HR experience in a small to medium sized organisation;
- Previous experience in the use of financial management systems is essential along with an excellent working knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel. Previous experience with SAP would be an advantage;
- Ability to understand and apply labour legislation, regulations and guidelines as related to the operations of the personnel services area within an Embassy. Previous experience with Partena Professional would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to provide accurate and timely information, with a demonstrated ability to focus on attention to detail, setting priorities, showing initiative, exercising sound judgement, meeting deadlines and achieving results;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential along with an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The Australian Embassy in Brussels will not be responsible for any costs incurred associated with the interview process. relocation, accommodation, work permits and visa costs, nor the return of the officer and/or family to their country of origin at the end of the contract.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Australian Embassy thanks all applicants in advance for their applications and regrets it is not in a position to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
How to Applyhttps://www.amrislive.com/wizards_v2/ahc/vacancyView.php?&requirementId=66
285 total views, 6 today