Full-Time 2 Institutional Fundraisers
2 Institutional Fundraisers
PAX stands for peace and brings people together who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned citizens worldwide, PAX works to build just and peaceful societies across the globe. We currently work with 140 staff members in 15 countries; Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Israel, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Palestine, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Uganda and Ukraine.
PAX is increasing and broadening its revenue streams and aims to further professionalise its fundraising by advancing and implementing its institutional fundraising strategy. Our main institutional funding partners are foundations, governments, the Dutch Postcode Lottery and multilateral organisations.
Purpose of institutional fundraising
Peace and security are matters of life or death. As our fundraiser, you help PAX realize a more peaceful and safer world. Therefore, the institutional fundraising team is expanding to a total of 4 institutional fundraisers. Our goal is to significantly increase funding, identify new donors and to manage due diligence processes for donor contracts. The fundraising team will take the lead in developing and implementing a new strategy for institutional fundraising, in order to significantly increase its income from various sources. The team occupies a strategic position within the organisation. It works closely with management while also offering support and advice to the programme leaders about programme development, acquisition and relationship management. The institutional fundraising team works at the strategy and planning level, and is also involved with the implementation and the practice of strategies and plans within the organisation.
In order to realize PAX’s institutional fundraising ambitions, we are currently looking for 2 Institutional Fundraisers
Fundraiser European Governments and Multilateral
Fundraiser Dutch Postcode Lottery and Foundations
- Take the lead with other fundraisers in developing and implementing a new and ambitious fundraising strategy
- Create ideal conditions for institutional fundraising within the organisation
- Take the lead in efficient and successful proposal development processes
- Initiate donor identification and outreach
- Develop, maintain and manage institutional donor relationships
- Co-create programme development with programme leaders
- Ensure excellent donor compliance, including timely and reflective reporting
- Encourage management and programme leaders in their acquisition tasks and relationship management
- A challenging job in a dynamic, informal, internationally-oriented work environment
- The opportunity to travel, for donor visits and incidental field trips
- A learning environment; opportunities to attend trainings and conferences
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Starting as soon as possible
- Appointment for 36 hours per week (1.0 fte), initially for one year with the intention to renew
- Salary scale 10 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience), minimum of € 2,423 to a maximum of € 3,897 (gross)
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and full reimbursement of public transport travel expenses within the Netherlands.
We are looking for
PAX is looking to recruit both an institutional fundraiser focussing on European governments and multilaterals, as well as an institutional fundraiser dedicated to foundations and the Dutch Postcode Lottery. These two positions are distinctly different, although similar approaches apply, and therefore we have formulated separate requirements.
Fundraiser European Governments and Multilaterals (1.0 fte)
This position focusses on various European Governments as well as multilaterals like the European Commission, the UN and the World Bank. Especially for the latter institutions, the current focus will be on identification, while governments also require management and compliance. Therefore, we are looking for a native or near-native English speaker. Someone who inspires people to cooperate in multi-partner, multi-country proposal processes and is familiar with logframe and theory of change methodologies. Strong initiative and convincing presentation are an asset.
Fundraiser Dutch Postcode Lottery and Foundations (1.0 fte)
This position focusses on the Dutch Postcode Lottery as well as on Dutch and European Foundations. The first will take up a large part of the time spent in this position. This will include maintain current relationships and grants with these donors as well as expanding our portfolio in this market by identifying opportunities and realizing new grants. Therefore, we are looking for a sociable, native Dutch speaker, preferably with experience with developing successfully proposals for the Lottery. Ideally, this candidate would have a strong communications background and affinity with developing communication materials.
Required skills and experience for both positions
- University-level professional and intellectual ability
- Experience with peace-building in (post) conflict areas is required, preferably within the sector of non-profit and/or international organisations
- Experience from the donor perspective is considered added value
- Proven successful experience (minimum three years) with coordinating complex funding proposals and donor relations management, including compliance.
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant markets and networks
- Ability to lead or facilitate groups and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in at least Dutch and English)
- A happy networker, who communicates effectively with different stakeholders at all levels
How to ApplyProcedure and information For more information about PAX: www.paxforpeace.nl For more information about these vacancies, please contact the current institutional fundraisers Chiel Roelands (+31 614764882) or Rianne Hartemink (+31 302333545). Please send your application to Miriam Struyk (acting programme director) no later than 4 March 2018, exclusively via the application form on the vacancies page of our website. PAX stands for equal opportunities and participation for everyone with qualities, passion and courage. We encourage people of all backgrounds and abilities to apply for this position
20 total views, 5 today