Full-Time Warehousing, Transport and Customs Referent
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply its European Supply Center, and the Kenya Supply Unit its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
This position’s purpose is to increase the field expertise in terms of warehousing, transport and customs in order to respond to the operational needs.
Under the supervision of the Back office (BO) and innovation, as referent for warehousing, transport and customs:
- By Defining and Providing frameworks to be adapted to contextual specificities, support the SCOs and Supply field to ensure that the sustainable and coherent supply chain solutions are in place for each context.
- Define technical skills and competencies requested by the whole Supply Unit. With the support of the learning officer, build up the learning path for his/her technical domains.
- Provide appropriate support for each technical domain in order to respond to operational needs (proactive and reactive).
- Build up, motivate and facilitate network of experts in each domain.
Position in the supply chain department
- Work must be done in close collaboration with the supply chain officers to ensure operational needs are well identified.
- Collaboration with the other technical referents of the supply chain department is also key in order to align technical domains projects.
- Work in close collaboration with the Filed GDP & Cold Chain Referent in order to ensure the respect of the minimum GDP requirements within the pharmaceutical supply chain (concerning crucial aspects such as: premises and equipment, documentation, transportation and contracted operations).
- Although professionalization of each technical domain is the aim, this should privilege polyvalent approach for support to match better with the constrains of the field
- Develop best practises and standards for each of the technical domains warehousing, transport and customs (policy, SOPs…) conciliating objectives of the department with field reality
- Develop, test and validate tools in coherence with the existing tools and in collaboration with the IT/IS referent.
- Promote best practises to all people involved and help and support their implementation if needed
- Monitor implementation of best practises and their fitting to context realities. Provide corrections on if needed
- Write, communicate and promote technical information for each technical domain (reference documents) in collaboration with the learning and information officer.
- Define technical competencies referential to be used as a base for elaboration of standard job descriptions and trainings.
- Validate technically the new profiles entering in MSF OCB
- Develop and facilitate trainings and Briefings in coherence with other technical domains and pedagogical path in collaboration with the learning officer.
- Participate in definition and support the implementation of the warehousing, transport and customs strategies elaborated by the mission and SCOs.
- Keep himself trained and up to date on technical evolution and best practises for each technical domain.
SUPPORT TO THE SITES (excluded ESC)
- 2nd line support to bring solutions adapted to the context and notably to capitalise on them.
- Lead operational project upon request from operation with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Ensure coherence amongst all technical domains throughout all the Supply chain thanks to privileging a polyvalent approach.
- When required, anticipate and clarify, with the concerned stakeholders, importation constraints of specific countries and help identifying solutions.
COORDINATION OF EXPERT NETWORK
- Build expert network for each domain with MSF supply, MSF sections and fields but also other organisations, and academic structures.
- Lead exchange platforms in order to do a technological watch each domain, develop new concept or solutions.
- Promote, facilitate and capitalise innovation through this network.
- As member of the Back office, will participate to the translation of the departmental strategy into objectives and actions plan.
- 2 years MSF field experience in diverse contexts with supply/log position required (experience as Coordinator an asset)
- Warehousing, transport and/or customs background.
- Proactive, strategic and therefore longer term approach.
- Demonstrates analytical skills, critical sense and is able to take decisions.
- Works as a part of a team and cross functionally but also autonomously.
- Fluent English and French.
- Permanent contract – Full time – based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital insurance (DKV) – pension plan – canteen – 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: Immediate
How to ApplyDeadline for applications: the 24th of March 2017 Curriculum Vitae and covering letter (in English) to be sent by e-mail to Camille Dumonceau - Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org with 'warehousing' in the subject. Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to be sent MSF apply here
230 total views, 1 today