Internship Translation Traineeships at the European Parliament for University Graduates
Open to: citizens of a Member State of the EU or of an applicant country with a university degree following a course of study of at least three years’ duration
Remuneration: EUR 1,213 per month
The European Parliament offers several options for traineeships within its Secretariat, to provide opportunities for vocational training and for learning more about what the European Parliament is and does. Translation traineeships for university graduates are awarded only to graduates of universities or equivalent institutions. Their purpose is to enable trainees to supplement the knowledge acquired during their studies and to familiarise themselves with the activities of the European Union and, in particular, the European Parliament.
Translation traineeships for university graduates are awarded for a period of three months. Exceptionally, they may be extended for a maximum period of three months. The main task is translation of a range of parliamentary texts, such as agendas, minutes, oral and written questions, amendments, reports, etc. Documents are translated from one of the official languages of the European Union into the translator’s mother tongue. Trainees also take part in terminology tasks or projects. Translation traineeships are assigned to Luxembourg.
Applicants for a translation traineeship for university graduates must:
- Be citizen of a Member State of the EU or of an applicant country;
- Be aged 18 or over on the traineeship starting day;
- Have obtained, before the deadline, a university degree following a course of study of at least three years’ duration;
- Have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or the official language of a candidate country and a thorough knowledge of two other EU official languages;
- Not have been awarded any other traineeship or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks at the expense of the European Union budget.
By way of indication, in 2015 the scholarship represents EUR 1,213 per month.
How to ApplyThe deadline for applications is 15 February 2016. To apply for a translation traineeship you must complete the online application form. The website provides all the necessary information about translation traineeships and the application procedure. If you are preselected, the following will be required as supporting documents:
The application form, duly completed and signed;
A copy of your passport or identity card;
Copies of your diplomas and certificates;
A copy of your university results, if you have them.
562 total views, 1 today