Full-Time Translation and Publication Assistant
Translation and Publication Assistant
EEA Coordination Division (ECD)
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is the intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its members, within Europe and globally. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States and has offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxembourg. The Brussels Secretariat provides support in managing the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA Agreement).
This position is open to nationals of all EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway) and EU Member States.
Division: EEA Coordination Division
Type/Duration of Appointment: Fixed term three years. If considered desirable and in the organisation’s interest, an additional three-year contract may be offered
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Reference: VA 10/2017
The EEA Coordination Division (ECD) plays a horizontal coordinating role during the incorporation of EU law into the EEA Agreement. Broadly speaking, the tasks of ECD are divided into policy coordination; EEA legal services; and translation, editing and publication. We are looking for an assistant to join our translation and publication team.
The successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for the monitoring and updating of the legal acts register and the forwarding of these acts externally for formatting/layout via our web-based communication platform;
- Be responsible for the rapid and accurate production and dispatch of correspondence and emails to contacts in the EFTA States, the layout provider and the European Commission/European External Action Service;
- Assist in the preparation and publication of legal acts. This includes being responsible for receiving translated legal acts from the Member States, registering and archiving them internally, and forwarding the finalised acts to the layout provider for publication;
- Assist with other administrative tasks of the translation and publication team.
A good general education, equivalent to higher secondary level.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and web-based communication tools with an emphasis on proficiency in Excel. Experience of managing data and creating reports in Excel would be desirable;
- Excellent administrative skills with some experience in general office work;
- Previous work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Ability to fit into a close-knit team and be able to work quickly and effectively under pressure;
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work accurately and on one’s own initiative;
- Service-minded, providing quick responses in particular to requests from the Member States.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French and any other EFTA/EU languages an asset.
Annual salary: EUR 44,544
Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States.
How to ApplyApplicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int. Deadline for applications: 21 May 2017.
451 total views, 2 today