Full-Time Social Media/Web Editor
Social Media/Web Editor
The International Council for Science (ICSU) is seeking a part-time Social Media/Web Editor for a 6-month replacement.
ICSU is a non-governmental scientific organization with a global membership. ICSU members include 122 national scientific bodies (mostly National Academies of Science), 31 International Scientific Unions, and 23 International Scientific Associates. ICSU’s activities focus on three areas:
- International Research Collaboration;
- Science for Policy;
- Universality of Science.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Social Media/Web Editor manages the organization’s overall digital image and its website. This covers social media accounts, newsletter, regular communications with members such as surveys and information updates, content creation and editing, and providing communications support to events and activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a leading international science organization with a vast network that is currently navigating an institutional change process. The assignment requires a candidate who is comfortable working across an existing international team of 17 staff, as well as staff from another organization that is part of the change process. In addition to the skills requirements below, the candidate should demonstrate good social skills, diplomacy and an ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Some international travel (especially to the ICSU General Assembly in October) may be required.
ICSU is seeking candidates with the following:
Qualifications and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a general interest in science, especially sustainability science, the environment, and science for policy issues;
- At least 2/3 years’ experience in one or more of these areas: internal/external communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs, online advocacy, journalism;
- Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively using social media for impact, especially Twitter and Facebook. Web management experience including familiarity with CMS software, especially WordPress;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign software and HTML/CSS is a plus;
- Skills in web design, online typography and photography are a plus.
- Capacity to work productively and contribute across different teams;
- Excellent writing skills in English and ability to produce engaging content around complex issues in international science management and science policy;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a constantly changing workflow;
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders such as ICSU members, partner organizations and the media;
- Experience living or working internationally is a plus.
The start date will be in the second half of June 2017. Salary will be dependent on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. Contract hours will be 24 hours a week.
How to ApplyApplicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae, cover letter and the contact details of three referees (preferably in one combined PDF file) via e-mail, with ‘Social Media/Web Editor’ in the subject line, to email@example.com. The cover letter should be addressed to Denise Young, Head of Communications at ICSU and should demonstrate the fit between the candidate’s profile and the above description. The closing date for applications is 17 April 2017. For more information on ICSU, please visit: www.icsu.org.
521 total views, 1 today