Full-Time Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a Senior Quality Engineer.
We are looking for a passionate Engineer, with the following requirements:
- Degree or related advanced studies in Engineering, Science or related discipline, with substantial experience in an electronics manufacturing environment – preferably within the medical device or consumer electronics industry;
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes based on small components/parts and high speed automatic assembly with corresponding process controls;
- Good knowledge of risk management techniques, equipment qualification and process validation;
- Good knowledge and practice of Good Manufacturing Practices and statistical methods;
- Track record in developing, maintaining and improving certification of quality management systems (e.g. ISO9001, 13485, and 21 CFR part 820);
- Certification as quality auditor is a plus;
- Ability to communicate, present and interface effectively with suppliers and internal customers;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-standing, analytical, and a problem-solver;
- Teamwork approach and experience in dynamic cross-functional teams;
- Willing to travel, primarily to Asia;
- Fluency in English is a must. Chinese is an advantage.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Quality Assurance Devices RRP* Team, within the Research & Development Department, in Philip Morris Products S.A., based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Senior Quality Engineer you will participate in projects aimed at the development, industrialization and mass production of electronic devices for PMI’s range of potentially reduced-risk products.
- Define/review quality requirements for the product life-cycle oriented industrialization of RRPs and related suppliers as well as third party manufacturers of electro-mechanical devices and components;
- Provide direction & support towards the industrialization teams as well as the suppliers to ensure that the defined quality requirements are met while short, mid and long-term QA strategies of the respective suppliers are aligned with the overall commercialization plans of RRPs;
- Build and maintain knowledge on quality practices around the related manufacturing processes and closely support product quality and productivity improvement initiatives;
- Lead/coordinate product and supplier qualifications (including audits) through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams including business entities such as procurement as well as technical functions such as product development;
- Provide technical guidance & support for the establishment of material and electronic component manufacturing specifications & related testing methods as well as equipment qualifications and process validations.
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
- We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
- We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
- We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
As the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees.
How to ApplyPMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com. If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online. A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position. *Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today. PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
92 total views, 2 today