Full-Time Senior Policy Consultant – Madrid
Senior Policy Consultant – Madrid
Transport & Environment is seeking a Madrid-based, highly motivated and proactive individual to work on EU-level sustainable transport solutions.
T&E is a Brussels-based federation of 50 European environmental groups in 27 countries campaigning for sustainable and low-carbon transport policies at EU level.
The aim of the position is to represent T&E, advancing our political priorities in Madrid, through close cooperation with the T&E Brussels office. The position will be based with the Ecologistas en Acción and Ecodes in Madrid. EeA and Ecodes are the main Spanish members of T&E and will provide logistic and organisational support. The position requires a person who is EU policy savvy, with an established political network in Spain, the ability to think strategically, with impactful communications skills and impeccable presentation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues, scrutinise decisions, gather intelligence, and influence policy makers.
We offer the chance to help shape policies with huge implications for democracy, people and the environment in Europe and across the globe as well as a competitive salary with a substantial package of benefits. The role will be based within Transport & Environment’s Better Trade and Regulation team and we are looking for a person who is a team-player with a can-do attitude and who can work independently.
The position offered requires three to five days a week.
The role will involve:
- Establishing working relationships with Spanish government representatives who are working on T&E priority files;
- Understanding national positions on key files;
- Liaising with the T&E Brussels office;
- Establishing a network of journalists and others;
- Ensuring government positions are transparent and known through working with media, parliament, ombudsmen, access to information requests, etc.
The successful candidate will meet all of the following criteria:
- Understand and have an interest in EU law, preferably on Transport & Environment’s issues;
- Have an established network of Spanish and EU political and media contacts;
- Have a minimum of seven years’ relevant professional experience;
- Possess the confidence to think and act with initiative;
- Have the ability to engage with the media;
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Have the ability to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Have native-level Spanish, and be fluent in written and spoken English.
How to ApplyIn addition to filling in the application form (downloadable here) and sending firstname.lastname@example.org, please complete two written submissions:
- Describe, in no more than 500 words, your motivation for applying to work at Transport & Environment in Madrid;
- Describe, in no more than 500 words, why your skills, qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate.
About T&E:Established in 1990, Transport & Environment is Europe's leading NGO campaigning for cleaner transport. T&E represents 50 organisations from 27 countries across Europe, and it has contributed to high-profile EU policy changes such as binding standards for more fuel-efficient cars and vans as well as cleaner, safer truck designs.
306 total views, 1 today