Full-Time Senior Manager, Thermal Systems Engineering
Senior Manager, Thermal Systems Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Thermal Systems Engineering team located at our Engineering Centre in Coventry where we have specialist teams focusing on powertrain, infotainment and safety systems, thermal systems and rotating machines for a variety of automotive and off-highway manufacturers.
This position will give you the opportunity to take charge of all aircon-related Business Development activities primarily with customers within the UK and, on occasion, other customers within Europe. The jobholder will be responsible for the smooth running of the department including co-ordination of resources and achievement of short, mid and long term business objectives.
The role will include:
- Personnel and technical responsibility for Thermal Systems team members;
- Define work packages within the unit and in cooperation with related partners;
- Establish and agree annual business targets for team and individuals, conduct appraisals and development meetings as necessary.
- Plan, report and monitor the units resources (budgets and manpower).
- Work according to DENSO Quality Management System;
- Represent company guidelines and strategies (e.g. DENSO Philosophy);
- Contribute to continuous improvement processes within DENSO;
- Contribute to the strategic orientation of the company;
- Cooperate within DENSO internally and externally towards customer/supplier.
- Establish department G&O’s;
- Represent DENSO as key thermal contact to related customers;
- Collect information and predict customer needs by regular evaluation of market trends;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the decision makers at the customer.
You will typically have a passion for technical products and are likely to have a degree or equivalent in science, automotive or mechanical engineering (or similar discipline). Experience of working in the automotive industry is essential. You will also have a proven track record of excellent project & people management skills (a basic knowledge of employment law will be advantageous). Experience in development and design of air-conditioners (HVAC) and/or aircon components within the automotive industry will be a distinct advantage as will a good knowledge of development and production processes. As a professional/credible manager you will be highly self-motivated, be flexible to react to rapidly changing circumstances and be able to use your initiative. An ability to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally, demonstrate good judgement and strategic thinking are all essential attributes, as are excellent planning and organisational skills. In this role you will be expected to be a source of advice, support and guidance to a well-established team.
You will work within an international and highly diverse and multi-cultural organisation on a day-to-day basis. There will be a requirement to travel regularly within the UK and overseas (mainly European locations).
How to Applyhttp://www.densojobs.com/latest-jobs/Senior-Manager-Thermal-Systems-Engineering-West-Midlands-11366
425 total views, 1 today