Full-Time (Senior) Engineer Firmware
(Senior) Engineer Firmware
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a (Senior) Engineer Firmware.
We are looking for a passionate seasoned Engineer, with the following requirements:
- University degree in Embedded Software, Electronics Engineering or equivalent;
- Substantial product related design experience, typically in consumer electronic, medical device or automotive industry;
- Capability to act as system architect (integration of electronic, software and micromechanics);
- Successful achievements in:
- software development processes and methodologies;
- managing/driving collaboration with external embedded software development partners;
- driving product development until industrialization.
- Good knowledge of building analog and digital circuits and interfacing them to microcontrollers;
- Able to communicate in an effective and concise manner with peers, partners and management as well as with non-technical stakeholders;
- Fluency in English is a must.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Firmware Development team within the Research & Development department, in Philip Morris Products S.A., based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
The objective of Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI)’s R&D team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
As (Senior) Engineer Firmware, you will manage internal and external development partnerships, provide technical direction as well as leverage on existing proven solutions either in-house or adjacent fields to minimize development timescales, still being motivated by hands-on creative development work.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Design Embedded Software solutions compatible with consumer electronics, bridging with the needs of medical device quality requirements;
- Ensure effective collaboration between firmware and other device related functions such as electronics, mechanical & product qualification leading to cost effective and robust consumer driven solutions;
- Deliver design and systems mature for product industrialization, taking end-to-end responsibility of performances until product release.
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer:
- We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
- We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
- We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
As the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees.
How to ApplyPMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com. If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online. A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position. *Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
302 total views, 3 today