Full-Time Security Operations Specialist
Security Operations Specialist
Information Technology Department
Directorate for Information Technology & Procurement
Vacancy Notice No. 05/2017
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) is a multilateral development bank with a social mandate. The CEB contributes to financing the implementation of socially oriented investment projects through four sectoral lines of action, namely: strengthening social integration; managing the environment; supporting public infrastructure with a social vocation; supporting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs).
The Bank also plays an active role in the response to the migrant and refugee challenge in Europe.
Directly reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the incumbent participates in the day-to-day management of the IT security.
a) Systems Engineering
- Engineers software and/or hardware components to meet security solution requirements such as specifications, costs, quality, time, energy efficiency, information security and data protection;
- Follows a systematic methodology to analyze and implement security solutions;
- Performs unit and system tests to ensure requirements are met;
- Ensures interoperability of the system components;
- Exploits wide ranging specialist knowledge to create a complete system that will satisfy the system constraints.
b) Change Support
- Implements the evolution of IT security solutions;
- Ensures efficient control and scheduling of software or hardware modifications to prevent multiple upgrades creating unpredictable outcomes;
- Minimizes service disruption as a consequence of changes and adheres to defined service level agreement (SLA);
- Ensures consideration and compliance with information security procedures;
- During change, acts systematically to respond to day by day operational needs and react to them, avoiding service disruptions and maintaining coherence to (SLA) and information security requirements;
- Ensures the integrity of the system by controlling the application of functional updates, software or hardware additions and maintenance activities.
c) Service Delivery
- Takes proactive action to ensure stable and secure applications and information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure to avoid potential service disruptions, attending to capacity planning and to information security;
- Updates operational document library and logs all service incidents. Maintains monitoring and management tools (i.e. scripts, procedures);
- Systematically analyses performance data and communicates findings to senior experts;
- Escalates potential service level failures and security risks, recommends actions to improve service reliability.
d) Problem Management
- Identifies and resolves the root cause of incidents;
- Takes a proactive approach to avoidance or identification of root cause of ICT problems;
- Deploys a knowledge system based on recurrence of common errors;
- Resolves or escalates incidents;
- Optimizes system or component performance;
- Identifies and classifies incident types and service interruptions;
- Records incidents cataloguing them by symptom and resolution;
- Exploits specialist knowledge and in-depth understanding of the ICT infrastructure and problem management process to identify failures and resolve with minimum outage.
e) Risk Management
- Implements the management of risk across information systems through the application of the CEB’s defined risk management policy and procedure;
- Contributes to the assessment of risk to the organization’s business, including web, cloud and mobile resources;
- Documents potential risk and containment plans.
f) Information Security Management
- Implements information security policy;
- Monitors and takes action against intrusion, fraud and security breaches or leaks;
- Ensures that security risks are analyzed and managed with respect to enterprise data and information;
- Reviews security incidents, makes recommendations for security policy and strategy to ensure continuous improvement of security provision;
- Systematically scans the environment to identify and define vulnerabilities and threats;
- Records and escalates non-compliance;
- Evaluates security management measures and indicators and decides if compliant to information security policy;
- Investigates and instigates remedial measures to address any security breaches.
Studies: Higher education (Master’s degree) in computer engineering/computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in networking or security environments;
- Experience with IP networking (Brocade, Arista, VMware…), Firewalls and security systems (F5, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint …);
- Some experience with Identity management, Active Directory and PKI;
- Experience with SSO and Certificate authentication;
- Some experience with Swift systems.
- Team spirit and good communication and teaching capacities as well as interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform his/her tasks in accordance with internal procedures and charters governing the IT activities.
Language skills: The minimum requirement is fluency in one of the Bank’s two official languages (English/French) and a basic knowledge in the other.
Nationality: Citizen of one of the Bank’s Member States.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Contract: the CEB offers a 4-year appointment (including one year probationary period) with the possibility of renewal.
2) Grade and salary:
- group II (A2/A3);
- the basic salary is contingent upon the grade and step determined at the end of the recruitment process.
3) Benefits (determined by the candidate’s personal situation):
- basic family allowance;
- dependent child supplement;
- one additional monthly dependent child supplement to a single-parent family;
- supplement for disabled and dependent parent subject to certain conditions;
- supplements for disabled or severely disabled child subject to certain conditions;
- education allowance (children) for expatriate staff members;
- settling-in and removal allowance for expatriate staff members and for non-expatriate staff members subject to certain conditions.
4) Taxation: the items included in Points 2) and 3) are not liable for income tax.
How to ApplyWithin the framework of its rules on equal opportunity, the Council of Europe Development Bank strives to ensure equal representation of men and women among its staff, both per category and per grade. In compliance with these rules, in the case of equal merit, preference is given to the candidate of the underrepresented sex (at the time when the Selection Committee makes its recommendation). To submit your application, please visit our online recruitment site: http://ceb.profils.org. Deadline for applications: 16 February 2017 by midnight (Paris time). Candidates may be required to take examinations.
391 total views, 1 today