To apply please follow instructions given below
10 Mar 2017
Full-Time Satellite Mechanical and Thermal Engineer
Satellite Mechanical and Thermal Engineer
Assess the flightworthiness of the satellite structure, mechanisms and thermal control subsystem in accordance with the specifications and the required level of equipment qualification, reporting to the Head of Platform.
- Evaluate the adequacy of satellite structure, mechanisms and thermal control specification with respect to the mission requirements. Ensure correct inclusion of environmental requirements from launchers into the satellite design;
- Monitor and control design, development, manufacture, test and integration of the mechanical and thermal elements into the satellites. Evaluate their performance and compliance with respect to specifications, based upon ground test, simulation and eventual flight data from launch and in-orbit phases;
- Attend reviews at equipment, subsystem, system and launcher interface level including launch site campaigns when required and be available as an expert to support in-orbit control activities. Ensure that these reviews and technical meetings are conducted in a timely and meaningful manner;
- Review and reconcile as necessary the analysis for launch, LEOP and on-station phases including structural and stress analysis, coupled load analysis, thermal predictions;
- Provide mechanical and thermal engineering support to other subsystem engineers as required;
- Assist the satellite control operations engineers in reviewing flight operations procedures for deployment mechanisms and thermal management, and proposing recommendations for investigation and remedial actions in case of in-orbit anomalies. Monitor and evaluate in-orbit performances of spacecraft;
- Stay abreast of technology, assist in evaluation of proposal for future programmes and highlight problem areas.
- Engineering degree or equivalent with 10 to 15 years in satellite engineering;
- Experience in International space projects and in industrial customer/contractor relationship;
- Excellent knowledge in English;
- Ability to work in a team.
How to Applyhttps://career2.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=2236044P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=1201&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=Haee
38 total views, 3 today