Full-Time SAP Development Lead
SAP Development Lead
We are looking for an experienced SAP development lead to manage and optimize SAP ABAP specific needs across an EMEA organization having a large SAP footprint.
You have the right combination of technical expertise and functional understanding. You engage with multiple teams, coordinate ABAP developments, look for optimal technical solutions. You ensure harmonization, consistency and maintainability over time. Experience taught you how to be fast and lean when resolving gaps between SAP standard and non-standard needs.
- Your main responsibility is to assume technical leadership over SAP specific solutions. You work with ABAP teams to ensure consistent, high quality technical solutions are delivered to agreed designs throughout application lifecycle:
- Pre-project: contribute to solution modeling with Solution architects, ensure technical fit of new initiatives or changes, propose alternative solutions;
- Projects and maintenance: design, evaluate partners solutions, workload, risk, impact; ad-hoc participation and advice to CABs, ensure development teams adhere to agreed coding and development standards, validate completeness of integration on coding standard and functional/technical documentation, ensure KT takes place at handover to ABAP offshore support team. Review existing developments and propose coding improvement or program rewrite to reduce the maintenance cost and increase system performance.
- Current landscape: single Pan-European ECC6 instance (being migrated to HANA), WM decentralized, BW-BI-IP-BPC (being migrated to HANA), PO;
- Context: largely outsourced organization, large variety of engagements models, onsite, offshore, fixed price projects, managed services;
- You promote standard SAP solutions and coding standards;
- You also maintain technical guidelines and documentation templates;
- You take initiative to ensure that technical knowledge relevant to this role stays current and in line with SAP ABAP evolution;
- You act as 3rd level to guide some technical problem resolution involving SAP add-ons, basis subjects, performance and services monitoring, SAP OSS messages…
- BS/MS degree in IT or related field;
- 10+ years of SAP experience in technical areas;
- Hands-on ABAP development experience developing/reviewing/analyzing complex ABAP code, and identifying/implementing improvements;
- SAP applicative knowledge in one or more SAP modules as FI, CO, MM, WM, SD, PM acquired through multiple international projects;
- Good working knowledge of: BASIS concepts and best practices, adaptors such as ALE/EDI, IDOC, printing, end-to-end performance monitoring;
- Ability to influence and motivate teammates towards standards and harmonization goals;
- Good communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate to different levels of the organization, with both technical and non-technical people;
- Prior experience as a leader of others – experience in working effectively with geographically diverse and multi-cultural teams (nearshore/offshore);
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SAP technologies;
- First experience with HANA and S/4 is a plus;
- Fluent English, any other European language is a plus;
- Knowledge of other programming tools like .net, java is a plus.
How to Applyhttps://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000031808P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=6392&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=52CtSO45LMuBAL1iisFd30Oe19Y%3D
275 total views, 4 today