Full-Time Resource Use and Consumption – Programme Coordinator
Resource Use and Consumption – Programme Coordinator
Friends of the Earth Europe is seeking a Programme Coordinator to lead its work on Resource Use and Consumption.
Based in the Friends of the Earth Europe office in Brussels, full time, one year fixed contract with possibility of renewal, to start immediately.
Deadline for applications: 23:00h CET on Thursday 11th February 2016.
Friends of the Earth Europe campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. It unites more than 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the Resource use and Consumption Programme of a green NGO working at the European level in Brussels. If you can demonstrate knowledge of Europe’s resource use, consumption and waste challenges, have experience in planning and executing campaign strategies and leading small teams, we can in return offer you the chance to contribute to Friends of the Earth Europe goals and to shape our campaigns.
Work will include coordination of the Resource Use and Consumption programme, leading a small team in Brussels and galvanising member groups active in this programme, ensuring fundraising for the programme and contributing to broader FoEE strategy and to overall running of the organisation.
We are looking for a candidate that is dynamic, proactive, able to follow more than one policy debate at the same time, with campaigning, fundraising and line-management experience.
Main topics that will be addressed:
- Advocating the need for Europe to measure its natural resource consumption, set reduction targets and transition to a resource efficient society;
- Highlight how Europe’s current management of waste offers false solutions to our resource crisis and campaign for sustainable waste management approaches;
- Current policy focuses include the Circular Economy Package and the EU Bioeconomy Strategy, linking with our work on Europe’s land footprint. Other cross cutting policy areas include agriculture, food and mining;
- Developing a strand of work on overconsumption and wellbeing.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Develop and implement strategies and main areas of work for the Resource Use and Consumption programme (resource use footprints and resource efficiency, waste, overconsumption and wellbeing);
- Develop and implement specific campaign strategies;
- Develop and deliver an annual Work Plan for the Resource Use and Consumption programme;
- Engage with Friends of the Earth Europe member groups on programme development and support them in setting up and implementing joint campaigns;
- Represent the programme externally and internally;
- Line-manage Resource Use campaigner(s) and ensure team work in the programme;
- Deliver on outputs envisaged in current funding applications (specifically including position papers, research and report writing, internal NGO meetings, lobbying of key EU decision-makers, media engagement and external event organisation);
- Ensure funding base for the programme in cooperation with fundraiser and management team;
- Ensure management of financial resources of the programme in cooperation with finance team;
- Ensure coordination and coherence with other programmes and teams in the organisation.
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of Friends of the Earth;
- At least 5 years of work experience with relevance for the key responsibilities;
- Ability to demonstrate strong campaign experience, preferably environment-related at the EU or national level;
- Good knowledge of the resource-use cycle from extraction to end-of-life, including circular economy principals, sustainable resource management and familiarisation with EU policies and initiatives in these areas;
- Experience in project management, including planning, implementation and evaluation;
- Team and line-management experience;
- An excellent command of English, which is the working language for this post. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Ability to motivate and to lead;
- A collaborative spirit and political awareness.
The position will be based in our office in Brussels (full-time, 5 days a week).
How to ApplyFriends of the Earth Europe offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building. Starting date: as soon as possible Remuneration: EUR 3356 to EUR 3575 (brutto) depending on experience. Friends of the Earth Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month, lunch vouchers, additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium. Conditions are according to Belgian legislation, hence the position is open to EU citizens only. The contract will be for one year with the possibility for an extension. If you feel you meet our criteria, and feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send an email with an attached CV and a letter explaining your background and your motivation to email@example.com by 23:00h CET on 11th February 2016. Interviews will be conducted on 18-19th February. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
747 total views, 3 today