Full-Time Researcher in Geostatistics and Spatial Modelling/Prediction
Researcher in Geostatistics and Spatial Modelling/Prediction
The Geological Survey of Norway (NGU) has a vacancy for a three-years position as a scientific researcher in geostatistics and spatial modelling/prediction. The position is within the Marine Geology group.
We are seeking a scientist with PhD or equivalent experience in geology/geostatistics and spatial modelling/prediction.
Candidates should have the following competence:
- Good knowledge of geology and geological processes, preferably with a background in marine geology;
- Understanding of and experience in using acoustic methods for seabed mapping;
- Experience in the use of digital data, GIS and other software, including scripting (R, Python etc.) for geological applications;
- High level of competence in the use of modelling and geostatistics for the production of geological maps, including evaluation of map confidence;
- Established international network and relevant peer-reviewed articles.
The successful candidate will work closely with other geologists and scientists, both within and outside NGU. Much of the work will be connected to map production in the Norwegian offshore Seabed Mapping Programme MAREANO, but work on other projects may also be required. Key work tasks will consist of automatic classification and mapping of seabed sediment (pixel and object based methods), and development of methods for seabed mapping, especially related to survey design. Other work tasks will include participation in research cruises, habitat modeling, data processing, systematization of data in databases, presentation of results at scientific meetings, and publishing of project results in reports and international peer-reviewed journals. NGU also encourages popularization of research results through web-publishing, non-technical articles etc.
How to Applyhttps://www.webcruiter.no/WcMain/advertviewpublic.aspx?oppdragsnr=3310564130&company_id=1632830691&culture_id=EN
273 total views, 1 today