Full-Time Research Fellow – Theory of Quantum Nanostructures
Research Fellow – Theory of Quantum Nanostructures
INL is seeking a highly qualified, self-motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in Condensed Matter Theory and/or Computational Material Science, to carry out research within the project ” Nanotechnology based functional solutions” (P2020).
Job Requirements and Key Responsibilities
The selected candidate will carry out theoretical/computational research in the field of optical properties of 2D Materials, the main tasks will be:
- To develop a systematic computational method that combines ab‐initio calculations and configuration interaction methodologies to account for excitonic effects that permit to explore the optoelectronic properties of vertical heterostructures combining different two‐dimensional crystals;
- To compute systematically vertical heterostructures combining different 2D crystals aiming to exhibit extraordinary performances in various figures of merits such as large absorption coefficient, large recombination time, fast photoresponse;
- To study non‐linear optical response in these materials associated to the exciton‐exciton interactions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Physics or Physics Engineering, or related area;
- PhD in condensed matter theory, computational material science, or computational chemistry;
- Experience with DFT methods in extended systems (solids) with focus on electronic properties, spin properties and optical response;
- Experience in computing optical response;
- Programming experience for numerical solution of Schrodinger equation;
- A solid track record of publications in reputed journals in the field of condensed matter, nanomaterials, and related areas.
- Strong motivation to carry out fundamental research in the proposed topic;
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Availability to attend workshops and conferences, and to engage in collaborations with researchers in other laboratories.
- English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
How to Applyhttp://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/inl/job/oSWM4fwo?__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=Engineeroxy
88 total views, 1 today